|Job Title:||Safeguarding Lawyer|
|Salary:||£24 - 29 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Safeguarding Lawyer to work with one of our clients based in Enfield. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
08:00 am - 17:00 pm
Pay rates between £24 - £29ph
- To ensure the provision of high quality legal advice to the clients allocated by the Principal Lawyer to the standards expected and expressed
- To undertake complex legal work within a specialism to which s/he is recruited; within at least one of the following client/specialist areas:-
- Safeguarding e.g. childcare protection, vulnerable adults including mental health and adult protection, homelessness/ housing appeals and judicial reviews in childcare and other relevant work.
- To discharge the duties of the post and to assist significantly in the establishment and provision of a full and comprehensive range of services relating to the requirements of the Client group, handling casework which may require original drafting, responses or solutions
- To remain up to date technically, legislatively, organisationally and professionally to identify the impact of any changes on the services of the Client, ensuring the effective communication and implementation of any such changes.
- To assist in delivering the corporate objectives and to operate effectively within corporate context.
- To represent Legal Services, the Directorate and the Council, both at internal working groups and at meetings between other local authorities and central government departments
- At the request of the Principal Lawyer, to carry out corporate work which may require attendance at Cabinet, Committees and Sub-Committees of the Council and advising on the appropriate law and practice relevant to the consideration of any matters; this may involve attendance at evening meetings.
- A qualified solicitor / barrister / legal executive with experience of working in one of the following areas :-
- Safeguarding - child care protection including court work, vulnerable adults including mental health and adult protection, homelessness / housing appeals, Judicial Reviews in Child Care, Homelessness, National Assistant Act, Education, SENDIS , and other relevant work within this specialism.
- Experience of dealing with cases within the relevant work area with supervision and to take personal conduct of cases in the relevant work area.
- Experience of contributing to effective team working.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available