Senior Accountant | Solihull Borough Council
Hours: Full-Time – 37 hours
Duration: 6months with chances of Perm
Salary: £18 to £22 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Senior Accountant for a local authority in Solihull.
- To work with the Children’s Service’s and Skills Finance Team to agree and deliver the key financial priorities for the service over the medium term.
- To ensure the financial resources available to the Directorate are effectively used and managed to secure the delivery of the Directorate Performance Plans.
- To act as the finance lead in the delivery of specific projects and programmes; providing financial challenge, advice and support.
- To effectively support the Councils Section 151 Officer through the provision of high-quality financial advice to Members, the Directorate Leadership and Corporate Leadership Team.
Duties and Experience:
- Duties will be specified by the Team Manager against an agreed plan and will focus on the delivery of quality accountancy services to customers, officers and members. The standard of accountancy services to be delivered will be set across the Financial Operations Division. Duties will include:
- To work with the Service Team Managers in conjunction with the senior Leadership Teams to define, agree and deliver service priorities including but not limited to the delivery of the SMBC Medium Term Financial Strategy, Top 5 Council priorities, other major projects and Children’s Services (Social Care and Education) priorities.
- To deliver corporate financial requirements in line with internal and external regulations and timescales.
- To play a key role in the co-ordination of the financial forecast reporting. To play a key role in the strategic budget process for SMBC and manage detailed reviews of the relevant base budgets.
- To apply technical expertise/professional analysis to high level problem resolution, using consistent technical judgement to guide decision making.
- To provide high-level technical expertise or professional advice, to maintain and/or develop systems and processes to support compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory duties and to facilitate the delivery of effective services.
- Provide interpretation, advice and guidance on the operation and implementation of external regulations and statutory requirements and internal financial regulations.
- Preparation of reports of a high standard to DLTs, the Corporate Leadership Team, and other Senior Manager meetings.
- Contribute positively to key meetings including but not limited to Cabinet Member Decision and Scrutiny sessions, DLTs, CLT.
- A role in the development of policies and procedures which meet the social, economic, legal or technical demands on the Organisation in relation to finance and which can be seen to have a major impact on the operation of, or strategy across, services or directorates.
- Assist in the provision of core financial revenue and capital forecasts – salaries, income and contracts.
- Provide balance sheet monitoring and control where appropriate.
- Provide Technical Accountancy support on both revenue and capital requirements throughout the year to ensure compliance with International Financial reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Key role in ensuring the final accounts process is completed including the revenue, capital management accounts closedown and balance sheet integrity.
You will need:
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in Accounting
- Qualified Accountant (Current Member of CCAB or CIMA)
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Knowledge of Oracle and CareFirst and / or LiquidLogic is Desirable
- Management Qualification is Desirable
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.