Senior Building Surveyor - Enfield
|Job Title:||Senior Building Surveyor - Enfield|
|Salary:||£49 per year|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Senior Building Surveyor – Enfield (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Motivate the team to deliver high performance
- Ensure that corporate/departmental people practices are understood and implemented within your service
- Effectively manage budgets and projects within your service ensuring effective cost management and prioritisation
- Monitor and evaluate your team’s performance and recommend areas for improvement based on evidence
- Coach and support staff to develop
- Recommend areas for service improvement based on relevant data and information
- Communicate effectively with elected members and other partners/stakeholders
- Collaborate constructively with partner organisations and other stakeholders including internal services and colleagues
- Build a culture of trust in your team
- As Project Building Surveyor / Contract Administrator on individual projects of various, size, complexity or sensitivity. This may include Option Appraisals / Feasibility Studies / specialist surveys and reports, requiring analysis of information and justification of any proposals.
- Advise other professionals, Architects, Services Engineers and Quantity Surveyors on building surveying matters.
- To manage delivery of building related projects, comprising among others, the Council’s corporate building portfolio, housing and schools. Preparation of status reports and reports for works authorisation.
- Management and monitoring of external consultants in support of Lifecycle Replacement Manager; ensuring the service provided mirrors that provided by the in-house team in terms of consistency of specification, cost & quality standards; compliance with Council policies and practice, and relevant legislation. Act as Project Manager when designated.
- Initiate and contribute to service development within the team; the application of performance management principles in pursuit of the development of an excellent service; meeting and exceeding customer expectation, ensuring projects meet cost, quality and time requirements.
- As Senior Building Surveyor, provide advice to clients, council officers, members as appropriate on matters relating to Building Surveying/Lifecycle management; contribute to developing policies, procedures, core standards to achieve best value in the design, maintenance and procurement of buildings. This may relate to maintenance methodology (e.g. use of new technologies), procurement strategies (e.g. use of partnering / frameworks), I.T. systems (e.g. Specification writing packages) and particularly options appraisals and life-cycle costing.
- Uphold all Council corporate policies, procedures, initiatives. Follow due process for obtaining authority, preparing, or contributing to / consulting on Committee Reports, Forward Plans, Key Decisions. Undertake / contribute to any devolved actions, including representing the Service on cross-departmental working parties, Project Boards etc. Deputise for the Lifecycle Replacement Manager when required.
- Ensure Construction teams follow Council Procedure Procurement Rules and industry profession guidance (e.g. JCT Code of Practice for Selective Tendering). Ensure projects are programmed properly so that necessary activities are undertaken in good time, allowing for compliance with Council Contract Procedures Rules, and where relevant, EU legislation, plus necessary approvals.
Manage budgets, identify and escalate any budget risks, provide management information reports as required. Implement identified service improvement plans in accordance to time and cost budgets.
Motivate the team to deliver high performance. Support the process of setting and monitoring individual and team performance including development standards. Constructively challenge and take action where there are performance shortfalls. Ensure that clear team and individual goals are in place and communicated
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £33.70 - 33.70 per hour
Senior Project Manager
Salary: £48k - 55k per year + 400 per month car
Senior Air Quality Officer
Kensington & Chelsea
Salary: £31.70 - 31.70 per hour
Electrical Project Engineer
Salary: £40k - 50k per year
Salary: £12.67 - 12.67 per hour