Senior Planning Officer - Wakefield
|Job Title:||Senior Planning Officer - Wakefield|
|Salary:||£16.26 - 16.26 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
Senior Planning Officer – Wakefield
Salary: £ 16.26ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To take a lead role and assist the Council and its partners to deliver outcomes on major and complex planning applications, provide pre-submission advice, deal with appeal case work in order to secure the best planning outcome.
- To be able to produce reports which place a strong emphasis on planning policy and provide design guidance. Case work may include effective negotiation of planning performance agreements, calculation of CIL contributions and coordinate associated legal agreements.
- To case manage a live case load; ensuring that issues are recorded and dealt with in accordance with the agreed target(s) and timescale(s) associated with national requirements corporate objectives and or through the terms of performance agreements.
- To prepare professional reports and produce and present evidence for appeals. Ensure that planning policies and procedures are applied and adhered to and represent the Council as required.
- To assist in the analysis of submitted plans and supporting information, negotiating with consultees, applicants and their agents, answering queries from members of the public and their elected representatives.
- To be responsible for a case load of larger-scale-complex application types; appeals; associated pre-application discussions and post decision negotiations which might raise significant policy issues or involve major regeneration schemes and business proposals ensuring consistency of procedures and approach, and promoting quality in all aspects of urban design
- To be responsible for ensuring that planning applications are dealt with according to agreed targets and timescales.
- To be responsible for the analysis of submitted plans and supporting information, negotiating with consultees, applicants and their agents and answering queries from members of the public and their elected representatives.
- To assist in the process of preparing the Council’s evidence for appeals and appear on behalf of the Council at Public Inquiries and/or Hearings as necessary.
- To negotiate outcomes that contribute towards the processing of complex planning applications and ensure consistency in procedures and approach.
- To provide guidance and assistance in the processing of planning applications within the Teams remit.
- To act as a key contact for external organisations and Council Members in respect of the control of and securing sustainable development throughout the district in accordance with adopted policies and service objectives.
- To ensure that current local, regional and national planning policies, planning procedures and guidelines are adhered to and applied.
- To assist with the checking of reports and recommendations prepared by Planning Officers and Senior Planning Officers for Delegation.
- To assist with the management of Delegation reports in order to meet deadlines.
- Carry out other such duties (within competence and experience) as requested in accordance with changing organisational objectives.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships between management/colleagues.
- To ensure all policies, practices, legislation and codes of practice are adhered to.
- To contribute towards the development of less experienced staff.
- To take responsibility for or assist in the development and delivery of specific strategies, programmes or projects related to statutory and non-statutory spatial and land use plans, in line with the objectives set out in the Community Strategy.
- To undertake research to enable the determination of complex matters, undertake stakeholder consultation and provide professional planning advice on individual projects and programmes.
- Be responsible for co-ordination of staff to secure effective outcomes and decisions on specific projects/applications and to participate as required in management activities relating to the Group as a whole.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Food Safety Officer - Solihull MB Council
Salary: £15.81 - 15.81 per hour
Business Compliance Officer - Warrington
Salary: £35 per hour
Property Services Officer - Selby District Coucil
Salary: £10.97 - 10.97 per hour
Marie Curie - Volunteer Centre Officer
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour