Senior Practitioner | Court and Permanence | Southend
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Social Worker/Senior Practitioner to work within a Court and Permanence Team based within Kent. The Successful Social Worker will be required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience of working within a Court and Permanence team.
As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
This is a varied and challenging role where you will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experience staff. You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
You will have strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings. In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
As a qualified and registered social worker, you will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team. You will be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better. We require candidates who have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings. You will have in depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
The successful Social Worker will have experience of:
- Risk assessment in relation to individuals, families and other groups.
- Applying knowledge and research to correctly evaluate and signpost cases.
- Multi-agency liaison to ensure cases are progressed in the best interest of the child.
- Working with Children in Need.
- Children in Need and Child Protection/ Section 47 procedures.
- Giving evidence in court proceedings highly desirable.
- Producing written court statements.
To apply for this the Social Worker must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Significant experience of working within child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge of methods of social work intervention
Salary is £32 per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area:
Please contact Luke Mathurin on 0208 514 9134.