Senior Social Worker - Family Safeguarding Team
|Job Title:||Senior Social Worker - Family Safeguarding Team|
|Salary:||£37 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We are currently looking for a Senior Social Worker - Family Safeguarding Team. You will be working in Cambridge for the council.
Monday - Friday
Pay rates - £37ph
To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation. To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion. To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements
- Take professional responsibility for managing a complex caseload which will include individuals, children, carers and families who require support and guidance.
- Demonstrate confident and effective judgement about risk and accountability in decision-making and be able to sustain engagement with fluctuating circumstances and capacities, including where there is hostility and risk
- Use assessment procedures discerningly in response to the presenting needs and to ensure that a proportionate assessment is completed in a way that enables maximum participation.
- Use professional judgement, employing a range of interventions: promoting independence, providing support and protection, taking preventative action and ensuring safety whilst balancing rights and risks.
- Take the lead in managing positive interventions that prevent deterioration in health and wellbeing whilst safeguarding people at risk of abuse or neglect.
- Undertake assessment and planning for safeguarding in more complex cases, and support colleagues by utilising safeguarding skills, in line with current policies and procedures.
- Play a leading role in practice development, help promote and sustain a learning culture and mentor less experienced staff.
- Deliver formal professional reflective supervision and provide guidance and advice regarding casework to less experienced qualified staff
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
North Somerset Council Social Worker - Advanced (Childrens) MASH Team
Salary: £40 per hour
Lancashire County Council - Qualified Social Worker - LAC Team
Salary: Market related
Cardiff Council - Specialist Consultant Worker - IFST Team G9
Salary: £42 per hour
Herefordshire - Assessment Team-Children's Social Work Manager
Salary: £41.66 - 41.66 per hour