Support Worker | Family Services | Brent
We require an experienced Support Worker to work within a Family Services Team based within Brent. You may also be asked to deliver direct support to families in their homes and through group work to develop parenting and life skills, self-confidence, motivation and goal setting.
You will work with children, families, and young people to help ensure that every child, family and young person is supported to achieve his or her potential.
The Family Support Worker is a lead professional role that is committed to providing and coordinating support to a family on a regular basis. Their role is to help the family identify, manage problems and co-ordinate the delivery of services. Family Support Workers use Early Help Plans to assess each member of the family, create a whole family delivery plan and review the needs of the family. Family Support Workers use Signs of Safety in their work with families and this forms the basis of the delivery plan.
The Family Support Worker will be utilising partner agencies to effect and sustain positive change for the family, individual members and the community around them by:
- Developing and maintaining effective partnership working with parents and families
- Provide or co-ordinate regular support
- Facilitating and delivering interventions which improve parental capacity and family relationships
To apply for this the Support Worker must have:
* A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- 2 years' worth of recent experience working as a Family Support Worker
* Be eligible to work within the UK
Rate is up to £18ph.
4Social Work is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Social Work is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Charlotte Park on 0208 911 1085.
Who Cares? We Do.