Qualified Social Worker - School Based
|Job Title:||Qualified Social Worker - School Based|
|Salary:||£33 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
We are currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker - School Based (SWIS) to work with one of our clients based in Merton. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rate - £33ph
We’re looking for social workers that:
- Have completed their systemic social work and/or signs of safety training
- Take a ‘change agent’ position in their interventions with families
- Are skilled in using our practice model and explaining it to others
- Can build strong relationships with children and their families
- Are committed to Merton
- Can operate autonomously within a school setting and as part of a multi-disciplinary network
- Are committed to developing themselves and new ways of practising
Each Social Worker from the SWIS team will be based in a designated Merton secondary school. Six schools from the 12 Secondary Schools in Merton will be randomly selected for the project. All our Head Teachers have agreed to take part in the pilot, to host Social Workers in their School and to support their integration into the life of the school.
SWIS Social workers will be allocated and carry out core social work tasks for relevant young people within the school that they are based. You will also provide consultation and advice to school colleagues regarding referrals and thresholds. The SWIS team manager will allocate children to the relevant social worker. You will use Mosaic for recording your interventions.
The pilot will be academically evaluated and is testing the hypothesis that having dedicated social workers based in schools increases the potential to improve change and outcomes for children and their families through stronger relationships across their family and professional systems.
The SWIS team manager will work with Designated Safeguarding Leads and school staff to develop a shared understanding of safeguarding and child protection practices. This will be supported through the DSL forum, staff meetings and consultations with the Head Teachers. The SWIS team manager will work closely with the Practice Development manager in the Early Help service and Safeguarding in Schools officer to develop briefings, workshops and publications.
The SWIS team will provide information and participate in meetings with the academic evaluators provided by the What works Centre.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available