Senior Team Manager - Homelessness & Prevention
|Job Title:||Senior Team Manager - Homelessness & Prevention|
|Salary:||£36k - 37k per year|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||5 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Senior Team Manager to work in a Homelessness & Prevention team.
Our client manages a 24 hour supported accommodation for 29 former rough sleepers and homeless people with varying complex needs. They work with customers to motivate and support them to get on the right track and find a way to independence.
You would be part of a management team working to support the staff team to deliver a programme of support to 29 customers in a therapeutically and personalised way. You will work proactively with key local stakeholders and internal departments to ensure the best outcomes for customers and the successful delivery and functioning of the service. You will also work with support staff to ensure that residents sustain their tenancies through effective management of their rent and accommodation charges, safeguarding their accommodation and preparing them for independent living.
You will be required to work 37.5 per week
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading a small team responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of support to 29 customers within Clarence House. You will also manage the Team Manager for the Prevention service based within the Clarence building ensuring the effective delivery of floating support services to 160 people at any one time.
- Be responsible for the financial management of the service which includes setting and controlling the business budget.
- Providing line management, supervision and appraisal to Team Managers within the services
- Ensuring regular team meetings are held and Managers and staff are informed about the organisation’s strategic goals
- Performance management including setting targets, monitoring and addressing any performance issues of the team and regular reporting to the Directors.
- Develop and maintain positive links with local statutory and independent sector services.
- Carrying out regular audits of service provision and cross service
- Ensuring that the services comply with Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring that your own work and that of the services contributes to the departmental, and corporate plans.
- Participating in the management on call rota.
- Management and supervisory experience within a similar role or within care / support (homeless / hostels would be advantageous)
- Empathy and an understanding of homeless people and services.
- Experience or working with customers with rough sleeping histories and complex needs.
- Knowledge of move on options available within Bedford
- A good knowledge of drug and alcohol services and treatment.
- The ability to work in a challenging environment recognising the complexities of the residents.
- Appropriate leadership styles to resolve conflict, solve problems, elicit performance and motivate, support and direct staff
- Management qualification or other relevant professional qualification (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of Safeguarding
- Experience of working with different client groups including those with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of health and safety issues in relation to the customer group
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Homelessness Persons Officer - London
Salary: Umbrella Rate
Housing Advice & Early Intervention Officer - Catford
Salary: £20.96 - 20.96 per hour
Homeless Service Manager
Salary: £16 per hour
Housing Applications Officer - Housing Solutions - Southwark
Salary: Umbrella Rate