Short Breaks Service Deputy Manager
|Job Title:||Short Breaks Service Deputy Manager|
|Salary:||£22.00 - 26.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
JOB TITLE: Short Breaks Service Deputy Manager
LOCATION: Newbury, Berkshire
PLACEMENT: from 25th January 2021, on going. 37 hours a week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £22 per hour & Umbrella from £26.50
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Short Breaks Service Deputy Manager for our client based in Newbury, Berkshire.
The Post holder will be required to provide leadership and management of a Residential Short Breaks Service for disabled children. Responsible with the Registered Manager (RM), Deputy Managers are to ensure the service maintains an acceptable Ofsted rating of “Good” or better and meet the regulatory requirements at all times through continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- To provide a safe short breaks service that achieves positive outcomes for children and carers, facilitating maximum independence, learning opportunities, choice, and control through person centred planning and support.
- To ensure effective service delivery and performance to meet relevant legislation, regulations and standards, West Berkshire policies and procedures, good practice guidelines and agreed performance targets.
- To contribute to the strategic management of service and directorate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To assist the RM with the development of policies and procedures for the service and to take responsibility for specific aspects of policy and procedure, as required by the RM
- To support staff with setting of appropriate individual targets for children and to ensure that progress is monitored and recorded
- To quality assure work of supervisees through sign off of Placement Plans, risk assessments and other documents
- To take part in regular management file audits to monitor quality of documentation and record keeping and to follow up any issues with staff through supervision
- To work with the RM to manage the admissions process to the service so that children’s social work teams are able to manage short breaks according to local authority priorities
- To provide an enabling environment for people with learning disability, autism and associated needs, through developing the physical environment and the skills of the staff team, and strengthening the links with multidisciplinary community teams
- To support the RM with budget management
- To be responsible for bookings and staff rotas, including sourcing of temporary staff to cover sickness, vacancies etc.
- To liaise with parents, social workers and other agencies, including supporting the RM in dealing with any queries or complaints
- To deputise for the team manager as required, e.g. chairing of team meetings and attendance at relevant meetings
- To ensure that the child’s voice is integral to service development and to planning and provision for the child and to support staff in understanding how to provide choice and control for young people
- To undertake some direct work with young people based on a rolling rota involving mornings, evenings, weekends and on-call duties and to model good practice and provide direction for staff during shifts
- · To have achieved 5 or more GCSE’s of Grade C or above
- A qualification which the registered provider considers to be equivalent to the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare
- · Experience of working within residential childcare settings i.e. social care, education, health or voluntary . Some management experience in a children’s residential setting (would be desirable)
- Experience of working with disabled children
- Experience and ability in dealing with complex situations involving young people and families
- Knowledge of: working with disabled children; relevant legislation; regulations guidance and policy issues; working with challenging behaviour; working with young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders; working with children with profound learning difficulties and physical and / or sensory disabilities
- You will need to be able to transport service users and cover the West Berkshire catchments area, you must be able to drive and have use of a car for these purposes
- · Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available