Supervised Contact & Intervention Worker
|Job Title:||Supervised Contact & Intervention Worker|
|Salary:||£12.33 - 12.33 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Supervised Contact & Intervention Worker
LOCATION: Lewisham, London
PLACEMENT: From 18th January 2021, 35 hours per week
PAY RATE: from £12.33 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Supervised Contact & Intervention Worker for our client based in Lewisham, London.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- To provide supervised contact between children and their parents and/or other relatives where court orders or other circumstances make this necessary ensuring that the contact supervision promotes the welfare of and safeguards children and their families.
- To provide ad hoc outreach- advice, support and guidance to children and families as appropriate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To supervise contact of children and families, make observations and maintain records as required.
- To support children in their contact with their parents where trust may have broken down or communication is difficult.
- To ensure the physical safety and emotional well-being of children in an observed contact setting.
- To support children and young people to manage their expectations of contact and its impact on them.
- In relation to supervised contact to be aware of court procedures and recording standards as specific work undertaken can be used in court proceedings.
- To manage complex family dynamics in a sensitive and appropriate way.
- To maintain accurate and relevant records through appropriate use of IT and deal with correspondence in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To undertake home visits to children, families and carers, subject to appropriate risk assessment and in line with the Lone Working policy.
- In relation to supervised contact to provide appropriate reports that will be used for various reasons-CP conferences and Court etc.
- To attend such meetings and court to give evidence on behalf of the Local Authority as required in relation to supervised contact.
- To take responsibility for one’s own and colleagues’ welfare by ensuring that team members are not knowingly exposed to risk.
- To take responsibility for one’s own learning and professional development in collaboration with the line manager and keep up to date with best practice.
- To share good practice with colleagues and partner agencies.
- To have a good working knowledge of and keep up to date with procedures affecting work with children and families, and in particular relevant Child Protection Procedures.
- To work within the framework of the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Must have relevant experience relating to this role
- Enhanced DBS check for Children & Adults
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £9.00 - 11.50 per hour
Residential Support Worker
Salary: £13.00 - 15.50 per hour
Senior Support worker
Salary: £11.74 - 11.74 per hour
Substance Misuse Worker (Young Persons)
Salary: £14 - 18 per hour
Public Health Analyst
Salary: £24 - 30 per hour