|Job Title:||Support Worker|
|Salary:||£10.50 - 10.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
JOB TITLE: Support Worker
PLACEMENT: from 11/01/2021, ongoing,
PAY RATE: Pay from £10.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Support Worker to provide physical, practical and emotional support to people who have learning disabilities in day to day living and self-care whilst protecting their rights as an adult.
Office hours are 08:30 – 17:30 however flexible working hours are required which includes weekends and evenings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• To support Special Guardians to understand the impact of trauma as a result of the experiences that children and young people have been through in their earlier lives and the greater effect this will have on the emotional and behavioural needs of the children
• To provide practical and emotional parenting advice / strategies to help Special Guardians to support the children in their care
• To provide opportunities for Special Guardians to reflect and think about their parenting styles and try to adapt or enhance their skills to develop a wider toolkit of skills and strategies
• To support Special Guardians at times of need / crisis / stressful situations to manage children’s difficulties in responsive ways
• To support children and young people to have some time away from the home (where possible, in accordance with current restrictions) to also allow the Special Guardian’s some time to recharge and reduce stress to make day to day life more manageable for them
• To give children and young people a voice and listen to their concerns / worries / anxieties and support them to understand them and find new ways to cope, repair and resolve some of their difficulties.
• To support with transitions to school and ensuring children’s emotional needs are considered as part of further planning
• To undertake specific areas of work, such as life story work, that will enable a better understanding of children’s histories
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of working with vulnerable children & young adults, and an ability to engage and form working relationships with young people
- Enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available