Supported Living Support Worker
|Job Title:||Supported Living Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11 - 14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||16 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Supported Living Support Worker to provide a supported housing service in Aylesbury for people affected by homelessness.
All service users may have complex needs that may include; mental health, substance abuse, physical health, leaving care and/or homelessness.
The service is accommodation based and tenants are referred to tenancy sustainment service funded by the local county Council for further support.
The staff are on site 24 hours 7 days a week, offering 1-1 support sessions and group support sessions.
The Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients supported housing schemes and ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence. It is imperative to work as part of a staff team committed to “best practice” in the social housing field working proactively with clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- to support customers to live independently; supporting them to learn how to clean, cook, budget.
- to support customers to access the local college for further education and training, or help to get back into education.
- To support customers to secure employment, or get back into employment.
- to signpost customers to external agencies for support with their mental health, substance abuse and offending.
- to support young people to transition from the care system, working closely with social care, into independent accommodation.
- To support customers to resettle into permanent, secure accommodation
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- An understanding of the barriers faced by vulnerable and diverse customer groups and individuals with complex needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and confidence to make and act on decisions.
- Competent administrative and IT skills (to be able to produce reports and other communications).
- Enhanced DBS
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's