Telecare Support Worker
|Job Title:||Telecare Support Worker|
|Salary:||£12 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Telecare Support Worker
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week
PAY RATE: Umbrella rate from £12.00 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Telecare Support Worker (Assistive Technology Focus) to provide services to our client based in Huddersfield.
The client supports people with social care needs to remain independent in their own homes by using telecare technology to provide access to assistance or reassurance 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. As an Telecare Support Worker, you will be a member of a team providing support to some of the most vulnerable members of the community by ensuring that help is available when it is needed.
This role is based within the Carephone Home Safety Service. You will be travelling to service users homes to install, maintain or collect telecare equipment at pre-arranged appointments. Supporting service users to remain independent in their own home you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and removal of telecare and other assistive technology devices.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- You will be required to update the equipment portal via a laptop to activate the equipment and complete relevant paperwork electronically. You will also need to accurately complete forms and update systems both manually and electronically.
- When installing telecare equipment you will use your knowledge and judgement to ensure that it is fitted correctly and raises an alert to the Carephone control centre when detecting smoke, carbon monoxide or other hazards.
- There will be a requirement to achieve sufficient understanding of the equipment to enable problem solving during installation and maintenance visits and training will be provided.
- The job is physically demanding and also requires a good understanding of the needs of vulnerable people to be able to communicate with them and their representatives at a pace and depth that gives appropriate information about the equipment and uses and how it works.
- You will be required to clean returned equipment and prepare for re-use or re-cycling. You will be focused upon ensuring that you make a difference to the lives of people by offering the highest possible quality care and support. Through the passion that you bring to your role you will help to reduce the effects of isolation, learning or physical disability or age related illness that people experience on a daily basis.
- Uses a variety of mobile applications when installing or deploying assistive technology devices.
- Promotes wellbeing of service users and carers
- Makes onward referrals when it is evident service users require additional care and support
- Carries out duties in accordance with council policies , procedure and legislation
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- An understanding of Adult Social Care
- Understands health and safety as it applies to the role and measures which need to be put in place to do the job safely
- Contributes ideas and suggestions when looking for ways to do things Better
- Able to carry out physically demanding work including bending, lifting, crawling, working at height and in awkward spaces.
- Has literacy and numeracy skills to maintain records
- Is keen to carry out further training and development as part of job role
- Works well as part of a team
- Full and valid driving licence
- Enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available