Welfare Support Officer - Shropshire
|Job Title:||Welfare Support Officer - Shropshire|
|Salary:||£11.50 - 11.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Deanna Clarke|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
Welfare Support Officer – Shropshire
Location – SY2 6ND
Contract: initial 2 -month contract with possible further extension
Hours: 37 hours per week
Pay: up to £11.50 Per hour (depending on experience)
The primary purpose of the role is to:
- Provide the first point of contact for citizens who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, investing time and diligence into triaging out the facts required by Housing Officers as well as finding opportunity to use LSPF to retain premises or reduce the time spent in temporary accommodation.
- Provide the main contact with customers applying for payments of LSPF, investing time, diligence and challenge into establishing the full facts required for a fair and appropriate decision.
- Work with Customer Service Centre staff to assist in embedding Welfare Support activities within Shropshire Council’s front of house provision so that it works in partnership with other preventative services.
- Make the majority of the decisions on applications for LSPF funding from vulnerable customers, including 1st stage reconsiderations, taking into account all of the circumstances of the case and applying discretion fairly and transparently in accordance with the governing policies and guidelines, referring issues to senior officers where this is required.
- Provide the necessary challenge back to customers where personal financial choice will affect the outcome of the application and to assist those customers to seek appropriate support from external bodies and agencies in order to make the necessary changes.
- Assist the Team Manager and Senior Officer in the requirement to adhere to financial limits by ensuring real time budgetary considerations within the decision-making process and by ensuring that computer system records for LSPF are updated in good time.
- Use the phone and other methods of contact to liaise with customers and providers.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer. To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Deanna Clarke on 020 8514 9152 or Email DeannaC@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's