Accountant - Salford
|Accountant - Salford
|£17 per hour
|over 2 years ago
Accountant – Salford (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £17.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The post sits on the finance division’s accountancy group which consists of management accountancy teams aligned to council directorates and a corporate accountancy team.
- The council is a large, multi-functional organisation. You will provide revenue and/or capital accountancy support on an assigned service area, assisting finance officer level 2s and finance managers in delivering agreed objectives and outcomes.
- You will develop effective working relationships with finance colleagues and with stakeholders in the assigned service area.
- You will maintain accurate financial records on our general ledger and supporting systems.
- You will develop and maintain monitoring systems.
- You will prepare and analyse financial information to contribute to the preparation of accounts, statutory returns and reports on financial performance.
- You will support, advise, direct and coach more junior colleagues and undertake quality reviews of their work to ensure that standards and deadlines are met.
- You will maintain efficient financial processes and records and minimise the risk of fraud or error, helping to secure the council priority of a transparent, effective organisation.
- Your preparation of information will enable senior colleagues to give managers the analysis and advice they need to make robust financial decisions.
- Your monitoring against financial plans will allow senior managers to be given early warning of potential variances, enabling them to take prompt corrective action.
- You will develop a deeper understanding of a service area, enabling you to provide tailored and authoritative advice and guidance on service-specific matters.
- Proven technical skills and ability in the role with a record of accomplishment for delivering outcomes
- Professional credibility through proven relevant experience
- To model and demonstrate our values and behaviours
- Digital skills in SAP and Microsoft office products
- Awareness of relevant legislation, service policies and strategies
- Ability and willingness to be flexible to reflect our generic approach to providing a finance service to customers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a degree of independence within the general guidelines of policies, procedures and standards
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Principle Finance Manager
Salary: Market related
Salary: £13 per hour
Finance assistant - Rugby
Salary: £12.80 - 12.80 per hour
Business support officer
Salary: £13.66 - 13.66 per hour
Business support assistant
Salary: £12.18 - 12.18 per hour
People operations Assistant - London
Salary: £16.65 - 16.65 per hour