Community Support Worker
|Community Support Worker
|£10.00 - 12.89 per hour + Travel contribution
|over 1 year ago
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit Community Response Support Workers.
Our clients focus is on prevention and reablement, supporting family, carers and helping people maintain their independence and autonomy.
The Community Response Service (CRS) aims to provide an integrated health and social care response to:
- Work together with community nursing and therapy teams to support individuals and their carers when they have a change in need and prevent admission to hospital or care home.
- Help individuals to get home from hospital quickly and provide support to help them restore their health, wellbeing and independence
- Provide short term intervention which helps someone to become as independent as is possible for them, focusing on helping people to restore their optimum level of functioning or give reassurance and safety to an individual who has become confused or distressed.
- Provide an integrated high-quality person-centred approach to adults in the community in Leicestershire.
- Motivate individuals and support them to build their confidence through identifying their goals and providing positive feedback about their progress and achievements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To promote choice and support individuals in delivering a range of social care tasks including washing, dressing/undressing, showering and bathing, meal preparation, domestic activities, engaging in community activities, working to a graded programme to help optimise their level of ability and independence.
- To undertake a range of delegated health care tasks as required e.g. prompt prescribed medication; support the application of prescribed creams, eye and ear drops, catheter care, prompting exercises as prescribed by the physiotherapist. To complete and maintain accurate records as is necessary in respect of these tasks
- To work with the individual in the delivery of their support plan, using your own initiative and without direct supervision when out in the community
- To adhere to safe moving and handling procedures in line with individual support plans following training.
- Ensure that when using equipment is has been maintained according to Medical Devices Policy and meets individuals needs
- Support individuals with prescribed equipment and assistive technology
- Record accurately and report on the person’s condition by undertaking basic monitoring skills e.g. blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiration
- To work with health colleagues to deliver an integrated care and support service within agreed competencies.
- To liaise closely with CRS Managers and Co-ordinators, promptly informing them of any circumstance that requires an immediate response.
- Respond to emergency situations and take appropriate actions e.g contacting GP, police or ambulance service as necessary.
- To accurately record interventions which evidences delivery of a care and support service.
- Must have full clean driver’s license with business insurance and own car
- Must have at least one covid-19 vaccination
- Medication and all mandatory training.
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or other equivalent qualification in a relevant subject or Experience of providing personal care and support in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Knowledge of common conditions experienced by people accessing services.
- Ability to record observations relevantly and accurately
- Able to safely move and handle people who are experiencing difficulties with mobility.
- Commitment to delivering high standards/quality of care and support
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond effectively, and remain calm in crisis situations
- Basic I.T skills sufficient to write and maintain records.
- An understanding of, and commitment to Equal Opportunities, and the ability to apply this to all situations
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Support Worker- Disabilities Accommodation Services - North London
Salary: £16.93 - 21.02 per hour
Support Worker- Doncaster
Salary: £15.29 - 15.29 per hour
Homeless Support Worker
Salary: £14 - 17 per hour
Speech and Language Therapist- Luton
Salary: £26 - 28 per hour
Early Years Practitioner- Romford
Salary: £16.84 - 16.84 per hour
B6 Occupational Therapist- NHS Services - Bedford
Salary: £22 - 25 per hour
Children Centre Early Years Practitioner- East London
Salary: £13.70 - 17.13 per hour