Family Support Worker
|Job Title:||Family Support Worker|
|Salary:||£18.20 - 18.20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Family Support Worker to support our client based in Wellingborough in Northamptonshire.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with designated teams in order to provide specialist administrative support, facilitating the throughput of work to Business Support. Also to work with and liaise confidently with a range of internal and external agencies to ensure children, young people and families receive our services It is vital to the future of the department that the post holder is flexible in taking on additional tasks, willing to offer help to employees and treats co-operation and support for colleagues as a top priority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage specific areas of work, allocated by the supervisor, and liaise with and involve professionals and appropriate staff in service user cases, arranging for service contact as and when necessary to meet the needs of the service user in order to improve family functioning or support placement stability, and safeguard and improve outcomes for children and young people.
- To attend planning reviews, meetings and visits with colleagues an relevant professional staff as necessary in order to assist the analysis of requirements and to plan appropriate care programmes for service users.
- Refer cases to the appropriate service, or undertake direct work with family members as specified by the Children in Need Plan or Adoption/Looked After Children statutory regulations in order to fulfil the obligations of the Northamptonshire Children’s Trust in providing services for children and families with particular needs
- To provide assistance to service users in the planning and evaluation of the work undertaken on their behalf, carrying out corporate parenting activities for children and young people where required, in order to increase families’ levels of self-sufficiency, competence and facilitate independence from social service support.
- To work within the Service’s policies and procedures and keep accurate and up to date records which will include contributing to multi-agency forums, reviews, maintaining records of appointments, contact and other records within service policies, so that all documentation is in compliance with the Trust and legislative requirements.
- To provide direct and practical care for families to assist the improvement of family functioning or provide care when children’s parents/ carers are absent and until alternative care arrangements can be found to ensure the safety and welfare of children at all times
- · To monitor and observe the plan of work in operation for service users and undertake assessments for the health and wellbeing of any children/ families involved in order to plan and take appropriate action to safeguard those people
- Basic IT skills, able to use Word and Excel to produce reports, carry out correspondences and keep accurate records
- Awareness of current legislation relating to the job such as the Children Act, Adoption and Children Act, Every Child Matters, Public Law and Human Rights, Health and Safety legislation
- · Understanding and experience of using an assessment framework
- · Experience of working within the field of family support or in a similar role working with children and families
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's