Homeless Support Worker
|Job Title:||Homeless Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 14.70 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Homeless Support Worker to assist in the provision of a housing and support service for our client based in Carlisle
The service provides support to Young single homeless people aged 16 – 24 years with support needs.
The post holder will be required to provide support around emotional wellbeing, daily living skills including budgeting and cooking, employment, training and linking in with specialist welfare agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience in writing risk assessments and support plans
- Knowledge of the benefit system and resettlement options for the clients customer group.
- Experience of housing management and/or social care environment.
- Ability to resolve the conflict, complaint and being proactive.
- Computer skills upper intermediate is necessary. Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft word are essential
- The role will need more than admin skills as role holder will have daily contact with residents that have complex needs
- Good communications skills are highly required as the role will also involve working as a part of bigger team as well as external agencies.
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Homelessness Relief and Prevent Officer
Salary: £38 per hour
Supported accommodation Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.98 per hour
Supported Accommodation Night Assistant
Salary: £12 - 15 per hour
Housing Management Officer - Manchester City
Salary: Market related
Sheltered Housing Officer
Salary: £22 per hour
Salary: £12 per hour
Salary: £12.59 - 12.59 per hour
Retirement Living Co-Ordinator
Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £11.00 - 14.98 per hour
Bournemouth - Anti Social Behaviour Officer
Salary: £15.63 - 15.63 per hour
Salary: £13.95 - 13.95 per hour