Lawyer (Civil Litigation) - Harrow
|Lawyer (Civil Litigation) - Harrow
|about 1 year ago
Lawyer (Civil Litigation) – Harrow
Salary: £35.00 Per Hour (Negotiable)
Full Time: Monday to Friday – 9:15am to 5:15pm
To support the development of HB Public Law with Team Leaders and Service Managers. Specifically, this will include:
- To advise and have conduct of legal files on behalf of all the clients of HB Public Law, including local authorities, housing associations and schools and to provide advice, representation and undertake research as requested in relation to Civil Litigation, Including housing, homelessness, and licensing matters:
- To attend at meetings and court which may take place outside of normal office hours and off site as required.
- To advise officers and members, including in public forums, in a proactive and politically sensitive matter.
- To give guidance, mentor and give training to less experienced team members.
- To deputise for senior lawyers as and when required.
- The post holder will be a member of a team of specialist lawyers and will be expected to contribute to the development of that team, HB Public Law and the wider Legal and Governance Department.
- The post holder will maintain a significant caseload in compliance with Lexcel requirements and uphold the highest standards of client care in everything they do.
- The postholder will support the clients of HB Public Law, including local authorities in West London and the Home Counties, Schools and housing organisations.
- The post holder will be primarily based in the practice’s London Office in Harrow or the office in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, but will be expected to travel to courts and client offices, external barristers and private law firms to support specific cases or projects.
- The post reports to the Team leaders or Nominee of Civil Litigation.
- To ensure compliance with your responsibilities as laid out in our client’s equal opportunity policy and take an active role in promoting equality and diversity to Harrow’s diverse community.
- To ensure compliance with your responsibilities as laid out in our client’s health and safety policy and take an active role in promoting a positive health and safety culture.
- To promote and participate in our client’s investors in people (IIP) and individual performance appraisal and development initiatives and information management best practice.
- To build successful and sustaining effective working relations with clients, professional colleagues, elected members and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that the practice delivers a seamless and efficient legal service by supporting a team ethos, including sharing best practice and liaising with colleagues.
- To be available to provide out of hours advice and attend evening meetings.
- To resolve effectively professional issues and to set precedents for the resolution of similar issues.
- To support and mentor colleagues as required by the team leader.
- To supervise specialist work done by others, ensuring its appropriate completion.
- To provide to members, senior officers and project teams proactive, solution focussed legal advice.
- To build good and effective working relationships with colleagues within the Department, senior officers, elected members and their stakeholders.
- To advise councillors in public meetings.
- To clear cabinet, committee, member and officer reports in accordance with an agreed scheme of delegation
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Megan Eastop- Stanley on 07587 327813 or via email Megane@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available