Principal Auditor - Bootle
|Job Title:||Principal Auditor - Bootle|
|Salary:||£24 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Principal Auditor – Bootle (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £24.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To undertake and deliver the audits assigned in the Council Annual Audit Plan. Assist the Audit Manager with the monitoring and control of Audits and where required supervision of staff. To undertake a full range of Audit services as required to achieve Internal Audit objectives.
- The Principal Auditor will assist the Audit Manager in the efficient planning, monitoring and control of all audit activity together with the supervision of staff within the Team.
- Deputise for the Audit Manager in his/her absence.
- To assist the Audit Manager in the preparation of Annual and Operational Audit Plans.
- The Principal Auditor is directly responsible to the Audit Manager for carrying out and completing within allocated timescales, a wide range of Audit activities undertaken by the Team including systems audit review, risk audit review, regularity, probity audits, ICT audits and value for money exercises / reviews. Directing or conducting audits of more complex or specialised audit work.
- As directed by the Audit Manager, to carry out fraud or other special investigations, and/or other ad-hoc exercises/projects.
- Be aware of and continually assess the risks arising from areas of audit review, advise Audit Manager and report to Departmental Managers as appropriate.
- To assist the Audit Manager to undertake reviews of the internal control environment comprising risk management, control and governance.
- Provide advice on sound procedures and controls for financial/other systems and on the Councils financial procedure rules and other regulatory codes/guidelines to officers at all levels within the Council.
- Develop, compile and review audit programmes, systems records and other such Audit documentation to ensure all areas of Audit work are carried out effectively.
- Maintain good working relationships with service department officers.
- Communicate effectively with Audit clients, providing good quality correspondence and Audit Reports which are positive and constructive as well as take the clients views and resources into account. Ensure all significant recommendations are progressed.
- As directed by the Audit Manager, to develop and use modern audit techniques.
- Attend at Disciplinary Hearings, Appeals, Court and Tribunal Cases, give evidence and/or represent the Internal Audit Section as required.
- Maintain lines of communication with officers of all Council Departments.
- To assist the Audit Manager in the review of Council activities, with particular reference to the identification of fraud, irregularities, extravagance, inefficient administration and poor value for money.
- Contribute to service improvement and development of Internal Audit.
- To assist in the internal training and development of skills of Internal Audit staff.
- Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with all statutory requirements and that they act within and comply with all the relevant Codes and Regulations of the Council.
- Undertake such other duties as deemed appropriate by the Chief Internal Auditor and Audit Manager.
- This job description is not intended to be prescriptive or exhaustive but is a framework outlining the main areas of responsibilities.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available