Principal HR Advisor - Greenwich
|Principal HR Advisor - Greenwich
|£21 per hour
|almost 2 years ago
Principal HR Advisor – Greenwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £21ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The responsibilities of this role encompass the duties of both a senior HR advisor and Team Leader for HR Advisers, Assistants and Trainees. In addition, you will be required to deputise for the Deputy HR Team Manager/ Strategic HR Manager as necessary. Your key responsibilities will primarily focus on case management and the management of change at all levels, working in partnership with managers in order to support them in achieving their people management outcomes. Provide thorough and technically comprehensive advice to internal and external customers on a range of human resource and workforce development issues including but not limited to; employee relations, disciplinary and grievance, employment policies and procedure organisational design, resourcing and succession planning. Working in partnership with managers at a senior level to establish an excellent understanding of their service and the challenges they face to proactively identify opportunities for operational and strategic intervention.
- Provide high quality, focussed advice and guidance to managers in relation to organisational change and the application of the council’s formal employment procedures.
- To lead a team of HR officers providing HR advisory services and embed agile working across the HR Professional Services Team by responding to the needs of Directorates as required, acting as an expert point of reference for the team.
- Develop excellent communication channels to work in partnership with all partners and senior stakeholders. Identify the need for and design bespoke interventions to build capacity and capability of services and the organisation, evaluating interventions to ensure they meet agreed targets.
- Build knowledge and capacity across the HRPS, H&S and WFD service and with customers. Adopt best practice approaches to project management and use management information and data effectively to ensure added value is identified and delivered.
- Supervise, mentor and coach junior members of the HRPS Team to build knowledge and capacity, ensuring a consistent standard of service delivery and strengthen talent management and succession planning within HR.
- To manage a range of processes and performance indicators to ensure that all HR casework is managed in a timely manner and takes full account of relevant employment legislation and organisational precedent.
- To undertake pre-employment checks in a timely manner.
- Act as point of reference for organisational change management, working with the Deputy HR Managers / Strategic HR Manager to develop and implement appropriate HR solutions in the management of organisational change in order to meet organisational requirements
- Working with the managers on organisational change e.g. organisation design, job design, structural and cultural aspects of change, recruitment implications, learning & development implications and ER aspects of change.
- Align HR professional practice to the council’s workforce plan.
- Lead and provide final advice and support on complex casework in order to support service managers in resolving issues within reasonable timescales e.g. investigations, disciplinary, performance and absence cases taking account of employment legislation and organisational precedent.
- Advising managers at all levels in respect of appeals in respect of the full range of employment policies and procedures.
- Work as part of a team, covering for colleagues as appropriate, focused on the delivery of high quality HR advice including the effective management of staff.
- Will contribute to the development of specific HR projects /policies and initiatives in line with the People Strategy and Service Development Plan.
- To ensure that all decisions taken by managers in respect of employment issues are mindful of all equalities issues and HR practices and procedures.
- Support the job evaluation assessment and moderation process undertaking job evaluations as appropriate.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available