Benefits and Housing Needs Officer - London
|Job Title:||Benefits and Housing Needs Officer - London|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||22 days ago|
Benefits and Housing Needs Officer – London
Are you a passionate, dedicated Benefits and Housing Needs Officer looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Benefits and Housing Needs Officer to work in Hackney.
To perform all functions within the Benefits and Housing Needs Service namely the processing of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payments, welfare reform support including discretionary schemes, homelessness prevention and advice, homeless assessment, housing register applications, lettings of housing, housing supply and procurement, management and maintenance of temporary accommodation, financial monitoring and maintenance, payments, complaints, members and mayoral enquiries and FOI requests.
Pay Rates: £18.80 - £24.14 per hour (Umbrella Rate)
Responsibilities of a Benefits and Housing Needs Officer: (Full Job Description Available)
- Process accurate and timely payment of Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction to all those in the borough that are entitled to financial support to pay their rent and Council Tax in line with legislation. The consideration of revisions of decisions. Administering discretionary awards and payments.
- Ensuring the most appropriate resolution to housing need in the borough. Preventing homelessness by the provision of comprehensive housing advice to members of the public.
- The timely assessment of homelessness applications and reviews ensuring the provision of temporary accommodation where appropriate.
- Housing procurement and supply. To monitor the acquisition of properties and framework contract performance of partners in the provision of a range of properties from the private rented sector.
- Management and maintenance of temporary accommodation ensuring health and safety requirements are met at all times. Resettlement and move on to settled accommodation.
- A minimum of two years experience in a front-line housing service.
- Right to Live and Work in the UK.
- Current DBS on the Update Service.
What we offer:
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any friends or colleagues.
If you would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to Kasey Sanders Or email on, email@example.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's