Business Manager | Derbyshire County Council | Matlock
Full Time 37 hours - Monday to Friday - 6 months
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Business Manager for a Local Authority in Matlock.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the council's corporate contact centre and face-to-face reception services to protect and enhance its reputation among all its stakeholders to support the authority's vision of improving life for local people.
Key Responsibilities -
The role reports to the Assistant Director. (Communications)
The role is responsible for managing the Assistant Business Managers.
The role involves being an active member of the PR Management Team.
The role provides a service or support to -
- Members of the County Council.
- Officers up to Strategic Director status in all departments of the County Council.
- Departmental officers involved in customer contact-related roles.
- Representatives of partner agencies and organisations as appropriate.
Duties will include -
- Developing opportunities for the management and delivery of services on behalf of other partner organisations and joint agencies.
- Leading the integration of the council's contact centre functions and transactional services with digital and online solutions to create robust multi-channel access to the council for local people
- Directing necessary work to ensure that Call Derbyshire establishes and maintains the necessary resource levels, skills, abilities, competencies and knowledge needed to deliver high quality and efficient services on a 24 hour/7 days a week basis.
You will need to be/have -
- Educated to a degree level or post graduate diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Business Managing and being able to work independently within a fast-paced environment
- Proven customer service skills are essential in additional to good IT skills with knowledge of MS Office Applications and the ability to process financial data. Also, Strong processing skills and excellent attention to detail are required, ideally gained within an environment where data is sensitive
- Reputation management within a large organisation
- Management and delivery of large and complex organisational-wide projects/programmes
- Ability to plan and manage service and departmental budgets
- Knowledge and understanding of legal obligations and codes of practice
Salary is £23-£30 ph.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24hr 1on1 specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.