Chief Solicitor - Northallerton
|Job Title:||Chief Solicitor - Northallerton|
|Salary:||£36 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Chief Solicitor – Northallerton (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £36.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The provision and management of legal services to the Council so as to ensure that the Council fulfils its statutory duties and performs its functions in accordance with the law and the constitution of the Council.
- To ensure that the legal service is efficient, effective and delivers value for money.
- Acting as the Deputy Monitoring Officer.
- Ensuring that the Council is advised of its legal rights and liabilities and assisting the Monitoring Officer to perform her statutory duties.
- Managing the Legal Services department;
- Conduct of high level/value litigation;
- Advising the Council’s project boards and taking a lead role in providing direct legal advice on the Council’s key priority projects; and
- Acting as Deputy Monitoring Officer
- You are required to comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and to take such steps as are reasonably practicable for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues at work and those affected by your work. You must comply with your safety responsibilities and must co-operate with management in all respects for the full implementation of the Council’s Health and Safety Policy. Your safety responsibilities are shown on the Safety Responsibility Statement (SRS) for your post.
- The post holder must adhere to all policies and procedures relating to equality and diversity in the workplace and provision of services.
- The post holder has personal responsibility for his or her own learning and development, and will maintain up to date records of achievement and attendance as required. The post holder must undertake the learning and training identified in the job skills matrix, and other relevant training that is identified and agreed with their manager.
- The post holder will adhere to all the Council’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available