Children & Family Contact Supervisor
|Job Title:||Children & Family Contact Supervisor|
|Salary:||£12 - 15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking Children & Family Contact Supervisors to join our clients Looked After Children’s Social Work Team.
As a Children & Family Contact Supervisor you will be responsible for coordinating and supervising family time between looked after children and their birth families at contact centres and community settings across the borough. You will complete a detailed recording of the observations you made during these sessions and will liaise with social workers, escalating any concern, as required.
You will be joining a child focussed, creative and supportive team, with a strong emphasis upon being a good corporate parent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To supervise contact of children and families, make observations and maintain records as required.
- To support children in their contact with their parents where trust may have broken down or communication is difficult.
- To ensure the physical safety and emotional well-being of children in an observed contact setting.
- To support children and young people to manage their expectations of contact and its impact on them.
- To manage complex family dynamics in a sensitive and appropriate way.
- To maintain accurate and relevant records through appropriate use of IT and deal with correspondence in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To have a good working knowledge of and keep up to date with procedures affecting work with children and families, and in particular relevant Child Protection Procedures.
- Relevant NVQ 2 / Level 2 Diploma for working with Children and Young People, or equivalent experience in working with children
- Experience of working with children/ young people or their families in a social care, educational or voluntary setting
- Knowledge and an understanding of child development and the needs of children
- The ability to write clear and concise observations and reports on work undertaken
- Access to a car for work purposes, to transport children and young people to and from family time frequently.
- · Enhanced DBS Check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Children Team Assistant (Social Work Assistant) - Arnold, Nottingham
Salary: £15.86 - 15.86 per hour
Learning Support Assistant - Southall, London
Salary: £80 - 100 per day
Early Childhood Practitioner - North London
Salary: £13.58 - 17.98 per hour
Learning Support Assistant - Hanwell, London
Salary: £80 - 102 per day
Residential Support Worker - Leicester
Salary: £14.64 - 14.64 per hour