Electrical Engineer - Islington
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Islington|
|Salary:||£40 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Electrical Engineer – Islington (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £40.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide a professional electrical engineering service, specifying and designing new electrical systems, inspecting works, fault finding, undertaking procurement, acting as contract administrator and project manager for electrical projects undertaken by the council.
- Manage and progress multiple projects at any one time, both during the design and specification stage, while work is on site and during the defect liability period ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget and to specification.
- Provide technical representation where required for committees, area forums, working parties, client organisations, tenant associations, external agencies and other project stakeholders. Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings as required which will include a high degree of resident consultation.
- Represent the Snr Electrical Engineer when developing and delivering projects with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are accurately scoped and delivered to meet the council’s objectives.
- Deliver and maintain the highest standards of contract administration, design and budget control on all projects and maintenance contracts. Ensure stakeholders are kept fully briefed and engaged on all aspects of each project.
- Ensure effective briefing, direction and liaison and appointment of any consultants who may need to be appointed.
- Lead on procurement, design and preparation of schemes, specification, maintenance requirements, and estimates along with the project and contract management.
- Keeping up to date with the latest electrical standards including Building Regulations, Planning Policy, Sustainable Design and any other standards required to deliver the council’s programme of work.
- Provide assistance and advice to technicians and inspectors regarding relevant standards and statutory regulations.
- Act as lead officer on feasibility studies, viability and for adherence to Islington Council standards, policies and practices.
- Undertake inspections as and when required to ensure the mechanical works meet standards set out in contract documents.
- Review tenders, specifications, accounts, claims and contract variations submitted by contractors for accuracy and authorise / investigate further as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments concerning design, maintenance and user satisfaction feedback. Prepare lessons learnt reports where required.
- Undertake investigations, continued professional development and research concerning new techniques, systems and solutions in engineering services. Provide reports on areas of legislation changes and future works which may result from these changes.
- Manage and monitor all projects within fee allocation and budget available and take corrective measures where required.
- Advise on the appraisal, selection, appointment and performance of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Take responsibility for the project management of medium/ large sized projects and/or maintenance contracts including working with junior members of staff (including students) to develop their understanding of contract administration and project management.
- Carry out project management duties which may involve supervising the work of other staff within the project team.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available