Homeless Floating Support Worker
|Job Title:||Homeless Floating Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 14.70 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Floating Support Worker to assist in the provision of a housing and support service for our client based in Leeds.
Our clients works with Leeds City Council to support anyone in Leeds over the age of 18 who is struggling with their housing and have support needs. They work with people from all tenures including council housing, housing associations, private landlords and people who own their own homes by providing a visiting support service.
The type of support provided includes mental health, dementia, substance use and more complex needs that may cover more than one area of need depending on the person’s situation.
The 3 key goals are to:
- prevent homelessness by addressing issues that could lead to this by giving advice, helping with mediation and signposting to relevant services.
- provide support to people to enable them to maintain their current housing and this will be slightly different for people depending on their individual circumstances.
- support people to integrate in to their communities in the hope of reducing loneliness and isolation and connecting people to improve well-being and quality of life.
As the role requires you to support to people in their own homes and in the community, applicants must be a car driver with access to their own vehicle.
Floating Support Worker working hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- you will be responsible for working collaboratively with a committed team to deliver an outstanding service and a range of personalized support to people in their own homes and in the community.
- Your role will involve using psychologically informed approaches and Trauma Informed Care principles to support customers in developing new ways of thinking and taking steps towards independence
- you will support people to remove barriers to accessing opportunities for employment, education, and training.
- You will support people who may be living in temporary accommodation to be ‘tenancy ready’ and enable successful move-on and tenancy sustainment, signposting people to appropriate external support services, and supporting and monitoring peoples’ healthcare needs.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Must Car Driver with access to own vehicle
- Experience of managing own caseload (as you will be expected to manage approx. 25 clients)
- Experience in UK Benefit System and working knowledge of Universal Credit
- An understanding of the barriers faced by vulnerable and diverse customer groups and individuals with complex needs
- Competent administrative and IT skills and ability to produce reports and other communications.
- Knowledge of Psychological or Trauma Informed approaches to support.
- Experience of working in challenging environments with the ability to plan, prioritise and organise tasks to achieve results.
- Enhanced DBS Check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Talk to a Consultant
Talk to Bal Sunner, the specialist consultant managing this position
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0800 988 6307