Housing Assistant - Enfield
|Job Title:||Housing Assistant - Enfield|
|Salary:||£15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Housing Assistant – Enfield (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £15.00ph
Full-Time (35 hours)
- Housing Assistant Coordinators provide high level quality professional and comprehensive customer initial assessment & support services across the Housing Advice Service and are adaptable and able to follow standard operating procedures with limited supervision.
- Deliver an effective, efficient and customer focused service in line with Corporate Policies and within national and local legislative requirements.
- Housing Assistant Coordinators should actively support continuous improvement and the implementation of automation and employ efficient ways of working.
- This position will also require the holder to keep up to date with developments, practices, and procedures in the service.
- Responsible for delivering, to a high standard, operational assistance for Homeless Prevention & Intervention People service menus, working across the HAS division as a pooled resource to ensure effective operation of the services. Including but not limited to assessments for housing assistance grants, medicals for housing assessments, reviews of homeless and housing allocations decisions, straightforward initial homeless customer assessments, data entry, customer contact, and understanding service specific people assessment tasks.
- Understand and be responsive to the needs of customers, offering straightforward technical housing assessment advice and guidance both written and verbal, and always present a positive and professional image to customers, ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times
- Proactively develop skills, understanding and abilities in delivering support services to carry out standardised processes in a consistent and efficient manner
- Deal professionally and effectively with all contacts from a wide range of people, using tact and discretion, assessing needs and re-directing enquiries, where appropriate.
- Deal with customer and 3rd party enquiries at all levels and follow through to resolution, ensuring all relevant systems are updated and the adequate audit trails are in place.
- Maintain clear and up to date records of customer contact and work undertaken across the shared resource and proactively establish areas of specialism within the Homeless Prevention service area.
- Work closely with HAS service managers and colleagues to ensure an integrated strategic approach to operation of the service.
- Provide an accessible customer focused service and effectively engage with vulnerable/challenging customers and situations.
- Maintain a good knowledge of policies, procedures, and statutory legislation and to regularly update that knowledge in order to give correct service information and housing homeless advice.
- Work as a team to encourage customers to use the council website as a knowledge base and customer portal for homeless and housing register enquiries.
- Attend service team meetings and with colleagues, contribute positive ideas and recommendations for improvements/changes in existing procedures, policies and processes.
- Organise and prioritise own workload as appropriate, renegotiating targets/deadlines as conflicting demands necessitate.
- Understand when and how to escalate issues to ensure requests are completed within a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date knowledge to ensure effective utilisation of IT base systems and data records
- Inform opportunities to eliminate waste, stop non-value adding activities and maximise the potential of simplified and shared ways of working and automation
- Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Private Housing Standards Officer
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £19.01 - 19.01 per hour
Housing Solutions Officer - Barry
Salary: £20 per hour
Housing Solutions Officer - Sheffield
Salary: £12.69 - 12.69 per hour
Homelessness Prevention and Relief Officer - West Berkshire
Salary: Umbrella Rate