Housing Officer - Camden
|Job Title:||Housing Officer - Camden|
|Salary:||£21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Housing Officer – Camden (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £21.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide a comprehensive service managing all residential Council secure tenancies and leasehold tenancies in Camden and additional tenancy types such as intermediate tenancies.
To work to deliver extensive housing management services in a specifically defined ward based patch with the aim of supporting tenants to achieve sustainable tenancies, in accordance with Council priorities, policies, procedures and within the legal framework.
To work closely across the service and with partners to develop and deliver innovative, best practice housing management solutions to meet the priorities set in the Camden Plan.
- To deliver all aspects of tenancy management for a defined patch of properties, acting as the ‘expert’ point of contact with knowledge of services and agencies in order to signpost residents to those who can best deal with their issues
- To ensure that residents are engaged and are at the heart of everything we do including identifying where Tenant Resident Associations (TRAs) could be set up and assisting in that process; working with existing TRAs attending meetings, suggesting and progressing bids for service improvements, delivering expectations within financial restraints and building strong working relationships with TRA elected representatives.
- To provide services to new tenants, including home visits (within 6 weeks) and setting up/referring onto any necessary support services or advice services.
- To identify where tenancies are at possible risk and prevent homelessness through the provision of general tenancy support to residents to help sustain their tenancy by encouraging engagement with support services and finding the best agencies to assist.
- To undertake all aspects of tenancy management including the creation and determination of tenancy.
- To work alongside Fire Assessment Officers, Fire Brigade, insurance services, and repairs obtaining and providing reports/feedback and progressing action relating to serious incidents and fire risk for the designated patch.
- To provide signposting to residents on a range of services provided by Camden and other agencies such as Housing Benefits; Rehousing; Rent Services; Tenant participation; Repairs including major works and Leasehold services
- To actively work with Social Services on child protection cases or adult safeguarding cases including attending child protection and adult safeguarding conferences and take an active role in progressing housing related issues/solutions.
- To pro-actively respond to issues of nuisance and anti-social behaviour including working closely with internal and external partners such as community intervention teams, safer neighbourhood teams, environmental health and Camden’s legal department.
- To apply Restorative Approach techniques where appropriate in relation to antisocial behaviour, neighbourhood disputes and where tenancies may become at risk of failure.
- To take action concerning breach of tenancy, removal of squatters, unauthorised occupants, successions, assignments and preparation of complex cases to present to the line manager, legal department or appropriate panel (Vulnerability; High Risk etc), including preparing witness statements, attending Court to give evidence on cases relating to breach of tenancies and leases and to execute evictions in conjunction with appointed bailiffs.
- To be responsible for very vulnerable tenants for the duration of their tenancy. To identify and work with appropriate other agencies such as mental health services, psychological services or support agencies who will work with tenants on short term basis until their input ends.
- To organise interventions and/or referrals to the appropriate service and to be the point of contact when that intervention ends/fails in order to re-refer when issues arise or alternatively take enforcement action via VP or High Risk Panel etc.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour
Income Officer - Social Housing
Salary: £14 - 18 per hour
Housing Services Officer - Bolton
Salary: £16.90 - 16.90 per hour
Homeless Prevention Officer - Leicester
Salary: £17.53 - 17.53 per hour
Homeless Placement & Move-On Officer - East London
Salary: Umbrella Rates