4Recruitment Services are seeking a Housing Options Advisor (Benefits & Options Planning) to work within Leicestershire.
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Shift: Full Time (3 Months + Extension)
Pay Rate: £15.00 - £18.00 per hour
Are you a passionate and organised Housing Options Advisor with at least 2 years minimum Benefits & Options Experience?
Are you looking to join an organisation built on innovation and experience, with a 13-year track record of progressing professional careers and making a positive difference to people's lives?
To assist in the management and discharge of the Council's statutory duties towards clients who are in need of affordable housing or at risk of losing their accommodation through the provision of comprehensive advice and assistance tailored to their circumstances. To take a proactive approach to finding solutions to clients housing needs whilst providing a quality and customer sensitive service.
What you will be doing -
- To make the necessary enquiries into homelessness applications, including casework, interviewing, home visits and investigations and making decisions under s184 of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) and in line with the Council's policy and procedures.
- To be actively involved in the support programmes of homeless households by attending meetings and liaising with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies, ensuring that information is communicated to appropriate parties as necessary.
- To organise the provision of emergency and temporary accommodation for homeless households and maintain regular contact with homeless households until the authority has discharged its statutory duty.
- To have a strong focus on the prevention of homelessness by offering good quality and consistent housing advice. Working with and developing strong links with the local community, statutory and voluntary agencies and private landlords and lettings agents.
- To lead in a specialist area/s of housing advice, such as domestic violence, high risk offenders, young people, supported housing, debt counselling and mediation. This may include setting up joint working protocols and attendance at meetings to ensure partnerships are maintained and information is appropriately communicated by a representative from the Council's Housing Advice Team.
- To work with other members of the team, local communities and schools in the development and implementation of an education and advice programme to help prevent homelessness.
- To attend Court as required on any matter relating to the Section
- Maintain accurate administrative and computerised filing systems, ensuring that they are kept up to date and comply with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
- Compile and maintain accurate records of all casework on the Council's IBS ICT system (or similar systems) and provide information and statistical data as required.
- To assist in completing any necessary returns to the Government on homelessness or housing need within the district.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- With a strong focus on prevention of homelessness, giving advice on housing options as well as tenant and landlord legal rights through the provision of office interviews, and home visits.
- Ensuring that the law is adhered to and applicants receive the correct advice and assistance to sustain their housing or find suitable alternative accommodation.
- Advising customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and assessing their applications fully and in accordance with the Housing and Homelessness Acts and issuing formal homeless decisions
- Securing and arranging the provision of emergency and temporary accommodation for those applicants owed a duty by the Council
- Provide housing and welfare advice including sign posting customers to other advice and information sources.
- Working in partnership with other statutory, voluntary and private advice/support agencies to maximise the range of advice (including specialist advice), ensuring a co-ordinated approach in the prevention of homelessness and achievement of government and corporate targets.
- Work with the Housing Advice Team Leader and other members of the Housing Advice team on special projects as required
What You will need -
- Previous Experience within Benefits and Options Management
- Previous Local Authority Experience (Minimum 2 years)
What we offer -
We will offer you Excellent & Competitive Rates of Pay, Organised Local Interviews. When registering you will be going through our Efficient Compliance Service and have a choice to use our Dedicated Umbrella Company (who offer indemnity insurance & a loyalty reward scheme).
If you are an Assistant Housing Officer and would like to express your interest please contact us for this great opportunity by calling Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunities employer.