Housing Procurement Officer - Greenwich
|Job Title:||Housing Procurement Officer - Greenwich|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Housing Procurement Officer – Greenwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £22.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Assisting with the delivery of the Council Home Improvement Service, so as efficiently deliver advice, casework and the administration of private sector housing procurement.
- Undertake activities to proactively identify empty properties and bring them back into use.
- Managing an individual caseload as allocated by the Senior Procurement Officer.
- Building relationships with private sector landlords, agents and other housing providers in order to procure and develop housing options for households in housing need.
- Working closely with internal and external partner agencies, in order to ensure that applicants moving into private sector housing have the necessary support to enable them to manage and sustain their tenancy.
- The carrying out of a range of services and functions delivered by the Disability & Home Improvement Team.
- To undertake casework in relation to service users of the Disability & Home Improvement Team. Casework may be carried out via a range of means of communication including home visits.
- To ensure that private sector properties offered to service users are suitable for their needs, enabling the Royal Borough to discharge its duties under homelessness legislation.
- To manage and prioritise an allocated private sector housing procurement caseload, identifying and reducing/managing risks, exploring the most effective method of progressing cases and co-ordinating with other stakeholders, as appropriate. Such casework may include, but need not be limited to; maintaining records of the condition of inspected properties and re-inspecting as required; recording deposit guarantee payments; advising relevant teams regarding tenancies ending; working to bring empty properties back into occupation and negotiating with landlords on their future use; processing applications; preparing associated documentation and generally ensuring that effective client support is maintained.
- To allocate and check work of the administrative staff who support their function
- To produce statistical information and run reports to allow the effective management of budgets, performance indicators and other outputs.
- To provide information to the Senior Housing Procurement Officer on available accommodation and feasibility of acquiring accommodation for specific households.
- To proactively locate and identify empty properties and undertake activities to bring them back into use. Providing owners of empty properties, the public and others with information and advice on the means to bring empty properties back into use, including advice on legislative requirements; planning, building control, environmental health and housing, and eligibility for funding for repairs and/or improvements. To manage cases through the empty property policy, including; enforced sale, compulsory purchase order and Empty Dwelling Management Orders. To liaise with Environmental Health and Building Control as necessary.
- To review and monitor action taken to return empty properties to residential use and report progress on the empty property strategy on a regular basis to officers, members and other interested council departments.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Officer in the day-to-day management of service budgets, ensuring that orders and payments are properly authorised, accurately recorded and monitored, and that resources are effectively managed within budget limits. To assist with the development of actions to limit, maintain or increase commitment, expenditure or income as appropriate. To be responsible for meeting service performance targets.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Housing Allocations Officer - Loughborough
Salary: £14 per hour
Housing Advisor - Hammersmith & Fulham
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £23.28 - 23.28 per hour
Tenancy Assistant - Hull
Salary: £12.37 - 12.37 per hour
Accommodation Support Worker - Manchester
Salary: £14.24 - 14.24 per hour