Housing Support Worker
|Job Title:||Housing Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.54 - 11.54 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Housing Support Worker
PLACEMENT: To start ASAP, 36 hours per week, rotas basis
PAY RATE: from £11.54 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Housing Support Workers for our client based in Manchester.
The role is to provide housing related support for residents and work with customers and agencies to provide longer term housing solutions and ensure that residents receive appropriate support.
You will act as point of contact for customers of the Homelessness Service, providing effective and accurate information and advice.
You will work as part of a team and contribute to the achievement of service objectives, providing high quality temporary accommodation for people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
You will ensure the safe and efficient running of the temporary accommodation scheme where based.
- Carry out prompt assessments of customers referred to the project for accommodation and provide a safe and supported environment for homeless people accepted into the service. Actively promote integration of the accommodation and its residents into the local and wider community.
- Supply high quality housing related support, advice and advocacy to all temporary accommodation residents in order to assist customers in accessing support relating to benefits; support agencies; education, employment, resettlement options and training.
- Provide intensive support for customers with complex support needs particularly customers who have exhibited anti social behaviour. Offer holistic support plans for residents and agree individual targets which work towards longer-term housing solutions and aspirations.
- Ensure the effective upkeep and smooth running of the temporary accommodation resource, including property repairs, licensing agreements, health and safety requirements and rent collections.
- Supply a comprehensive building management service including: preparation of flats for let; organising programmed and responsive repairs and maintenance; supervision of building services staff; management and ordering of furnishings and household equipment
- Keep accurate, up-to-date records on all aspects of service provision including financial administration, following City Council systems and financial regulations.
- Organise and prioritise workload flexibly and efficiently in response to the needs of the team and its provision.
- Actively contribute to the planning, development and implementation of changes in working practice, new services or changes in service delivery. To contribute to the development of team policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures and contribution towards corporate goals.
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of homelessness and the impact this has on families and individuals and an understanding of homelessness and the implications for the individual and the City in this regard.
- The role requires you to have personal resilience, a keen and committed desire to help and support people and a solution focused outlook. The role can be challenging and demanding as the work can include issues relating to loss of tenancy, debt, domestic violence, substance misuse, mental and physical health problems.
- The role holder will enjoy working out in the community, work closely with partners and agencies to ensure the best positive outcomes tailored to the individual needs of a person or family. You will link them into the support services they require, reconnect them with home, mediate on their behalf and move them on effectively
- Communications skills - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively taking account of individual need including consideration of accessibility issues.
- Planning and Organising - Demonstrate excellent judgement skills under competing priorities and pressure.
- ICT Skills - Ability to use multiple applications, systems and associated software packages.
- Administration Skills- Ability to use and accurately maintain effective administration systems in a rapidly changing environment.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Ability to react to immediate problems of a highly complex nature with associated risk factors and deliver pragmatic solutions sometimes under extreme pressure.
- Current valid DBS
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available