ICT Support Officer - Gloucester
|Job Title:||ICT Support Officer - Gloucester|
|Salary:||£13 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
ICT Support Officer – Gloucester (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £13.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To support the systems used by Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service and its partners to maintain a robust and resilient emergency response, underlying business processes and continuity of service. To enable the delivery of desired outcomes across both service support and service delivery. The post holder will work flexibly as a member of a small team supporting the Fire and Rescue Service ICT Service, Identifying and resolving problems with hardware, software, databases, mobile data, portable devices, radio systems and transmitters. The team provides the council with 24 hour support in the Emergency Services space.
- Receive and prioritise initial support requests from staff in accordance with agreed criteria. Deal directly with users at all levels of the Service and deliver first line fixes to problems with applications, networks, systems, mobile devices and hardware.
- Monitor and analyse support calls in order to identify areas of concern. Liaise with the wider ICT team to respond appropriately, and escalate to the ICT manager cases that need urgent action to maintain underlying business processes and/or continuity of service.
- Support the Services’ commitment to cybersecurity by proactively patching laptops, workstations, servers and mobile devices, monitoring the patching status of devices, anti-virus software and other security solutions.
- Support rugged tablet computers, iPads, telephony, radios, mobile data networking, CCTV and vehicle tracking installed on all frontline Fire Service vehicles.
- Provide first line support to the Fire Service Control Rooms, 999 systems, telephony, Emergency Services Network and associated networks. Support the Fire Station mobilising computers, printers, radio transmitters, CCTV and access control systems.
- Take part in the 24 hour support rota for the ICT Team, supporting all aspects of ICT within the Service.
- Undertake appropriate project and administrative tasks to support Service projects and their programme of work. This includes assisting in the planning, delivery and tracking of project outcomes in delivering Fire Service statutory duties.
- Perform administrative duties within with Microsoft Windows environment including Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange and associated backup processes.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available