Integrated Head of SEND
|Job Title:||Integrated Head of SEND|
|Salary:||£84k - 99k per year|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Integrated Head of SEND
Pay rate – £84,400 - £99,000 per annum
A full job specification is available
- To provide high quality strategic and operational leadership and management to the Special Educational Need and Disabilities (SEND) service and system leadership for the SEND partnership/System.
- To develop, communicate and deliver the vision and strategy and provide the leadership for the delivery of an Integrated and Inclusive Service for Children and Young People with SEND and their families.
- To translate that strategic intent into effective and high-quality operational delivery, through direct delivery and commissioning arrangements across Education, Health and Social Care and in partnership with relevant services e.g. Early Help, Early Years and Adult Learning Difficulties Services.
- To lead and manage the service, at an individual and team level, to deliver a sustainable and consistent experience for Children and Young People with Special Educational Need and Disabilities and their families, in line with the corporate delivery plan.
- To engage with local, regional and national politicians and ensure the advised and assured regarding all issues to do with the SEND service.
Main Responsibilities (in addition to indicative accountabilities on generic profile):
- To ensure the provision of high quality efficient, effective, economic and user focussed services that are rated as good or outstanding and which ensure all services are keeping children safe and helping them to thrive. To help do this this by ensuring a sophisticated, accurate performance management and quality assurance system is operational and closely monitoring all aspects of service delivery.
- To develop pertinent and informed business information and intelligence in relation to service delivery and service improvement and use this to initiate the development of local and national standards across services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- To ensure all services are delivered within budgets and all income is maximised and non-essential expenditure minimised. To oversee all aspects of the borough’s High Needs Block, delivering high quality provision that secures good outcomes for the young people of Haringey delivered locally.
- To establish and maintain a cross-sector leadership role, including establishing joint-commissioning structures to maximise the use of resources. To lead the strategic development, coordination, and operational delivery of integrated services for children and young people with special educational needs and those with disabilities, informed by the Government’s SEND reforms, legislative requirements and corporate priorities.
- Create a workforce that is confident, positive and works together in change, to deliver high quality and value for money services that minimise risk and maximise the positive long-term outcomes for this group of children and young people.
- To embed the Voice of the Child and Young Person, parental involvement and Coproduction through consultation and feedback to identify and address gaps and shape the services.
Qualifications and Knowledge. The following are essential:
- Educated to graduate level with a social work/ teaching/professional qualification.
- A management qualification.
- High degree of professional knowledge regarding children with SEND and the SEND system, with a high level, demonstrable understanding of the SEND code of practice and legislation relating to SEND, Education and Children and families e.g. 1989 Children Act etc.
- Good knowledge and use of IT.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant human resources policies and procedures
- A social work qualification is desirable.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work/Social Care vacancies in your area please contact Tiannah Love on 0208 514 9115 or email Tiannahl@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available