Interim Head of Finance Procurement & Commercial Services - West Lancashire
|Job Title:||Interim Head of Finance Procurement & Commercial Services - West Lancashire|
|Salary:||£32 - 38 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Toni Dunkley|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Head of Finance, Procurement and Commercial Services – West Lancashire
Full Time 37 Hours Week
Purpose of role
- To perform the statutory role of the Section 151 Officer for the Council (Local Government Act 1972).
- To deliver the Council’s strategic aims and objectives by ensuring Finance, Procurement and Property Services are effectively delivered, both supporting and enabling customer-facing and back office support services.
- To lead and champion the Council’s Finance, Procurement and Property Service, working closely with other Heads of Service to provide joined-up, cohesive Council services.
- To have lead strategic and operational responsibility for the development, delivery and maintenance of key financial, asset management and procurement strategies, processes and systems.
- To be a member of Corporate Management team and take lead responsibility for the Finance, Procurement and Property Service.
- To undertake the statutory role of Section 15 Officer for the Council (Local Government Act, 1972), ensuing that there are effective, transparent arrangements in place for the proper administration of the Council’s financial affairs, including the promotion of openness and public accountability and advising on the Council’s Financial Regulations.
- To have lead strategic and operational responsibility for the development, delivery and maintenance of key financial, asset management and procurement strategies, processes and systems, including leading and advising on the medium term financial planning process. This will also include interpreting the future requirements of legislation, regulation and codes in terms of the local context.
- To drive a culture of commercial development, improvement, performance management, innovation and customer service excellence across Finance, Procurement and Property Services.
- To undertake positive and collaborative partnerships and contract management across Finance, Procurement and Property Services, ensuring that contractors meets contractual requirements and deliver services in an effective way; meeting the Council’s priorities, providing appropriate improvements to services and a high level of customer services.
- To be responsible for the Council’s general ledger system, for the investment of the Council’s cash flow and the maximisation of investment income and for any decisions on borrowing through the Council’s agreed Treasury Management policy.
You Must Have…
Educated to at least degree level
Full membership of CIPFA or other CCAB accounting body
Management qualification or equivalent experience
Evidence of continuing professional development
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of at least one of the main services within the post holder’s remit (Finance, Estates Management, Procurement)
A thorough understanding of the Local Government operating environment and a commitment to the principles of public service
Ability to manage financial projects, systems implementation and / or change management
For more information and to find other vacancies in your area please contact Toni Dunkley on 0208 514 9146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Children's Services Lawyer - Warrington
Salary: £28.46 - 28.46 per hour
HR Job Evaluation Practitioner - South West London
Salary: £20.74 - 20.74 per hour
Public Health Consultant- Gloucestershire
Salary: £73,330 - £80,993, this role is in scope of IR35
Licensing Officer- Wakefield
Salary: £10.14 - 10.14 per hour
Quality Assurance - Worthing
Salary: £45 per hour