Legal Assistant Litigation - London
|Job Title:||Legal Assistant Litigation - London|
|Salary:||£23 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Legal Assistant Litigation – London (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £23.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To deal with routine legal work and assist senior members of staff with legal work, as assigned.
- To carry out the duties of the post in a pro-active and enabling manner and within the policy objectives of the Council.
- Organising and carrying out legal tasks in one or more of the fields of civil and criminal litigation, planning, housing, social services, employment, regeneration, contracts and conveyancing or any other function within the Council’s duties
- Deal with routine legal enquiries by way of telephone, correspondence or advice
- Carry out a range of legal duties as allocated, including drafting routine pleadings, documentation, obtaining hearing dates, writing letters, obtaining statements, affidavits, preparing bundles, arranging service by post or personal service and arranging attendance at court, liaising with the parties concerned as appropriate
- Undertake non-defended common law/litigation matters and routine defended matters, attending at criminal and civil courts of competent jurisdiction on interlocutory matters, representing the Council where appropriate and drafting routine documentation
- To prepare or assist in preparing instructions for Counsel as required with supervision
- Undertake legal research and assist senior staff within legal services in respect of their work and ancillary duties as required
- To prepare routine reports for senior staff and colleagues as required
- To liaise with officers and managers in other departments, keeping them informed of progress of cases and taking any other appropriate measures to ensure continued client satisfaction
- To maximise the use and effectiveness of information technology systems
- To ensure that all duties are carried out with due regard to the provisions of health and safety legislation; the Council’s Equal Opportunities and Customer Care Policies; quality service objectives and other Council and Directorate requirements
- To undertake other temporary duties consistent with the overall purpose and duties of the post
- To assist the Legal Service to achieve the goals set out in its Business Plan including participating in projects to ensure the continuous improvement of the Service.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Procurement Assistant - West London
Salary: £17 per hour
Customer Service Advisor - London
Salary: £16 per hour
Registration Officer - West London
Salary: £18 per hour
Income Assistant - Lambeth
Salary: £16 per hour
Payroll Assistant - Egham
Salary: £15 per hour