Occupational Therapist Reablement - Harrow
|Job Title:||Occupational Therapist Reablement - Harrow|
|Salary:||£30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||4 days ago|
Occupational Therapist Reablement – Harrow
Full-Time (37 hours)
The post holder is required to provide preventative support to a range of Reablement Service Users, operating in people’s homes in the community and also within structured programmes in NRCs and arrange of settings.
These services will be organised, monitored and reviewed to meet the needs identified within the resources available and to promote independence, in accordance with current legislation, and with the policy and practice of the local authority.
- To ensure compliance with your responsibilities as laid out in the council’s equal opportunity policy and take an active role in promoting equality and diversity and to Harrow’s diverse community.
- To ensure compliance with your responsibilities as laid out in the council’s health and safety policy and take an active role in promoting a positive health and safety culture.
- To promote and participate in the council’s investors in people (IIP) and individual performance appraisal and development (IPAD) initiatives and information management best practice.
- To ensure compliance with the council’s information security policies and maintain confidentiality.
- To provide a service to adults with physical or sensory disabilities and their carers, including those who are terminally ill. This includes working with individuals, and/or their families and multi disciplinary colleagues, providing practical assistance, advice and information, working with community supports and liaison with other agencies, seeking the help of other professionals as necessary.
- To assess, sometimes jointly with staff from other teams, service users needs including evaluating the level of risk, in accordance with agreed criteria and Departmental policies.
- To carry out telephone assessment and signpost service users requesting a range of equipment and minor adaptations in order to promote independence to an accredited equipment provider.
- To make recommendations for innovative, cost effective and quality skills and support programmes where required to promote independence , to obtain authorisation from the relevant budget holder and arrange the provision of services.
- To record unmet need using identified reporting systems.
- To maintain and take responsibility for effectively managing a personal workload in consultation with the Team Manager.
- To work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team liaising with other professionals including health and the voluntary sector ensuring that there is the fullest co-operation with other team members, in order to provide an easily accessible service geared to meeting service users’ needs.
- To monitor and review provision when required.
- To ensure, along with other colleagues in other parts of the department, that service users and their carers are involved in decisions about Structured Skills and Support Programmes.
- To take responsibility for action in relation to the liberty or safety of service users in emergency situations.
- To offer cover for other team members at times of sickness or other absence, providing whatever essential service is needed in an emergency.
- To accept work, including urgent work, from the Team Manager or any other person delegated to act on their behalf.
- To participate in team meetings and plan and organise planning meetings and reviews as necessary.
- To assist in the planning of services in consultation with other professionals, to enable people to remain as independent as possible.
- To liaise with staff throughout Social Services as well as other departments of the Local Authority and to liaise with statutory, voluntary and independent organisations to ensure that working relationships are maintained, developed and strengthened.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.