Qualified Social Worker | Independent Reviewing Officer | Childrens Services | Wandsworth
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work as an Independent Reviewing Officer in Wandsworth. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 4 years recent Independent Reviewing Officer experience within a Children in Care Team.
x 1 Full Time (36 Hours) - Permanent Post
x1 Part Time (18 Hours) - Permanent Post
The Childrens Planning & Review Team are seeking Independent Reviewing Officers (IRO) to join the service.
This is a key quality assurance role. You will need to advocate and champion our Children Looked After (CLA) and ensure care planning promotes early permanence planning. You will need to be skilled in engaging and supporting the participation of children in the review and planning process.
Responsible for: the discharge of the statutory functions of the Independent Reviewing Officer; chairing Child Protection Conferences; chairing Adoption Reviews; chairing Secure Criteria Reviews; discharging the Local Authority Designated Officer function; the provision of best practice advice and guidance to officers of the Council and across partners; and quality assuring the effectiveness of practice in improving outcomes for children and the services provided to children and their families.
The successful Independent Reviewing Officer will be required:
- To provide an independent chairing service for multi-agency and departmental meetings in matters relating to Child Protection and Looked after Children.
- To facilitate inter-agency and departmental working in relation to Child Protection and Looked after Children through effective communication with all relevant agencies.
- To promote and monitor adherence to the Child Protection procedures, the statutory requirements for Looked after Children to enable a consistent and high-quality service to children and their families who are receiving services from the Department
The successful Independent Reviewing Officer will have experience of:
- Independent Reviews
- Working Independently
- Writing Reports
- Chairing Child Protection Conferences
- Chairing Meetings
- Looked After Children reviews
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Be a car driver
Salary is £41,820 to £49,200 per year plus performance related pay
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176.