Senior Community Outreach Worker
|Job Title:||Senior Community Outreach Worker|
|Salary:||£14 - 17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||3 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Senior Community Outreach Worker for a social housing client who have bases in Hackney.
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to our clients community based service in Hackney supporting and empowering our clients to live independently in their own homes, assisting with education, training and employment opportunities. You will deliver personalised support packages helping clients to set and meet goals and assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues such as payment of rent and liaising with landlords and assisting with benefit claims.
The post holder will be required to work approx. 37.5 hours per week, covering a rolling rota including some weekends as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide a high quality housing-related support services to customers in a community setting, which may include their own homes, local cafes, libraries and community centres.
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs including culture and diversity issues.
- Supporting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent and liaising with landlords.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs. Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring the opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering services and throughout their involvement with a service, e.g. assisting clients in the completion of welfare benefit claims.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication
- Maintaining an accurate and timely record of all activities including maintenance of support planning database.
- Working in line with health and safety, lone working procedures and safeguarding requirements to ensure the overall safety and security of the clients.
- Experience working with vulnerable customer groups e.g. people at risk of homelessness
- Experience of working in a social care environment
- Experience delivering housing-related floating support within a community setting is desirable
- Demonstrable IT skills, including a basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel),
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's