Senior Planner - Sutton
|Job Title:||Senior Planner - Sutton|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Senior Planner – Sutton (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £22.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
These roles provide a broad service that sets policy and provides advice to support and assure all of the council’s day to day activities. They gather information required by other groups to make strategic decisions and translate this into corporate policy and strategic advice. They have little or no direct accountability for outcomes; however, what they are accountable for is the quality of advice they provide to business leaders. At the lower levels, these roles tend to focus on research and analysis and the interpretation and implementation of policies. At the higher level, role holders set strategy, develop policy and provide assurance across the Council more broadly.
- Apply professional judgement to interpret and apply policies and procedures to meet specific local or service needs.
- Provide assurance that the Council’s operations are being conducted within defined regulatory, statutory and professional standards.
- Lead small projects within agreed cost, time and quality standards.
- Assist Principal Planner in managing external, commissioned work
- Lead on the development of specific policy and guidance documents as part of the Strategic Planning function
- To ensure all aspects of the role are carried out in accordance with all legal and statutory requirements
- To contribute to commissioning specialist bespoke studies and reports as required as part of the ongoing review of the Local Plan
- To provide advice both within the Council and to customers on planning policy issues
- To ensure that all aspects of policy is development according to the guidance in the National Planning Policy Framework, and National, Regional and Policy Guidance including the London Plan or any successor document(s)
- To attend and participate in stakeholder meetings, including public meetings and be able to present complex planning policy in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- To provide specialist input on complex national and other consultations, sub-regional and cross boundary planning coordination under the Duty to Cooperative and Neighbourhood Planning Duties
- To have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Be able to use ICT systems and co-ordinate data bases
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Swindon- Senior Planner
Salary: £45 per hour
Housing Officer - Sutton
Salary: £15.18 - 15.18 per hour
Salary: £12.24 - 12.24 per hour
Senior Lawyer - Manchester
Salary: Market related
Senior Housing Officer - Haringey
Salary: £26.93 - 26.93 per hour