Support Worker - young parents' scheme
|Job Title:||Support Worker - young parents' scheme|
|Salary:||£23,833 per year|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Support Worker(young parents' scheme)for our client who operates a supported living accommodation service in Camden .
The service supports 8 customers and their babies with 24 hour help at hand to develop their build the skills and confidence to parent their children to the good enough parenting standard. Engaging the customers in social and community interaction to be able to move on and live independently with a good understanding of their child's development and welfare needs.
We are looking for a motivated, flexible and committed individual to work at within our young parents' scheme with complex needs.
You will be required to work 37.5 per week
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supporting effective links between relevant agencies in Camden, including the Youth Offending Team, Children’s Services, parenting skills programmes, Early Years, local health services and other relevant agencies and support the wider Early Help agenda.
- Completing clear and concise reports and care plans which will be utilised in further meetings – e.g. child protection meetings, child in need meetings, in house Review meetings, strategy meetings, legal planning meetings and care proceedings.
- Supporting customers through sessions in evidence-based parenting programmes.
- Facilitating and encouraging effective customer participation, consultation and feedback within the service.
- Promoting Social Inclusion
- Supporting customers is a range of day to day activities.
- Helping to engage customers and their babies in healthy daily routines and helping to develop their skills to the good enough parent standard.
- Experience of working with young parents.
- Experience of key working with hard to engage parents and undertaking observations as part of the assessment process.
- Knowledge of supported living and housing related support. I.E benefit entitlement, how to apply for universal credit.
- Experience and Knowledge of safeguarding legislation.
- Experience of working within a supported living environment.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills with a good standard of English- such as Microsoft office and word.
- A NVQ in health and social care is desirable but not required.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Homeless Floating Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour
Residential Support Worker
Salary: £13 - 17 per hour
Senior Outreach/Floating Support Worker
Salary: £14 - 17 per hour
Supported Accommodation Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.60 per hour
Homeless Support worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour