Accountant - Solihull
|Job Title:||Accountant - Solihull|
|Salary:||£19.64 - 19.64 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Accountant – Solihull (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To play a key role in the Adult Social Care & Support Finance Team - predominantly responsible for providing high quality finance support to senior staff within the Adult Care & Support directorate.
- To play a key role in the delivery of corporate financial requirements throughout the financial cycle – budget setting, forecasting and final accounts.
- To effectively support the Council’s Section 151 Officer through the provision of high quality financial advice to Members, the Directorate Leadership and Corporate Leadership Team in order to inform key financial decision making.
- Work as directed by the Finance Manager or Senior Accountant to deliver priorities including but not limited to the delivery of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, Top 5 Council priorities and any other major projects.
- Provide high-level technical expertise or professional advice, to maintain and/or develop the Council’s systems and processes to support compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory duties and to facilitate the delivery of effective services.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Members, Directors, senior and service area managers and other finance staff.
- Prepare reports of a high standard to appropriate decision making bodies within the Council, relevant to the role.
- Apply technical expertise/professional analysis to high level problem resolution to guide the Council’s decision making.
- Ensure that all Council financial policies, processes, practices and systems are operated and implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements.
- Contribute to the development of financially related policies and procedures to improve quality of service delivery.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the Council’s budget setting, monitoring and final accounts processes, including the Council’s long term financial planning.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on the operation and implementation of external regulations and statutory requirements and internal financial regulations.
- Use other sources of information/knowledge/expertise as required to deliver objectives and ensure own technical knowledge is up-to-date.
- Effectively interpret detailed information gained from a range of sources and apply necessary judgment to create clear, concise and meaningful management information.
- Lead key meetings as required by the role to deliver the required outcomes, providing appropriate challenge when required.
- Review financial implications of reports to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Monitor and record output against performance targets, take any corrective action and/or inform manager as required.
- Act as a representative for the Head of Financial Operations, Corporate Director of Resources and the Deputy Chief Executive and the Resources Directorate as a whole.
- Deliver the tasks agreed annually in your performance agreement and make the most effective use of own available time.
- Work with relevant people to facilitate the delivery of team objectives.
- Any other appropriate duties as and when required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Insurance Officer (Underwriter) - Solihull
Salary: £26.76 - 28.40 per hour
Equality & Diversity Officer - Solihull
Salary: £17.53 - 17.53 per hour
Accountancy Technician - Mold
Salary: £17.76 - 17.76 per hour
Senior Information Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £24.88 - 24.88 per hour
Business Support Officer - Bristol
Salary: £12.84 - 12.84 per hour
Finance Assistant: Travel Services - Preston
Salary: £13.30 - 13.30 per hour
Pensions Officer - Islington
Salary: £19.73 - 19.73 per hour
Application Technical Consultant
Salary: £18.87 - 18.87 per hour
Resourcing Administrator - Barnet
Salary: £13.13 - 13.13 per hour