Finance Officer - Ormskirk
|Finance Officer - Ormskirk
|£29 per hour
|about 1 year ago
Finance Officer – Ormskirk (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £29.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To perform the statutory role of Deputy Section 151 Officer for the Council (Local Government Act 1972).
- To have overall responsibility for the provision of an effective and efficient Accountancy, Insurance and Audit service.
- To provide financial management services for the Council including Insurances, Fixed Assets and VAT.
- To undertake the statutory role of Deputy Section 151 Officer for the Council including: supporting the Corporate Management Team, being actively involved in material business decisions to ensure immediate and longer term implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered and aligned with the organisation's financial strategy, and promoting and delivering good financial management throughout the organisation so that public money is safeguarded at all times and used appropriately, economically, efficiently and effectively.
- To deliver the Council’s strategic aims and objectives by ensuring Finance and Audit Services are effectively delivered, both supporting and enabling customer-facing and back office support services.
- To lead and champion the Council’s Finance and Audit Service, working closely with Heads of Service and Service Managers to ensure robust budget setting, monitoring and management and to ensure an effective system of internal control.
- To manage the corporate framework for revenue and capital budget estimates in liaison with budget managers and in accordance with the approved corporate timetable and guidelines.
- To ensure the provision of comprehensive monitoring reports on a regular basis that meet the financial requirements of budget managers, including the production of detailed, summary and exception reports.
- To assist budget managers in their role of monitoring expenditure and income and to draw their attention to significant variances and the need to take appropriate action.
- To prepare final accounts and the statement of accounts within the approved timetable and guidelines and in consultation with budget managers.
- Providing creative and innovative advice and solutions as a key member of multi-disciplinary project teams across a wide range of high level and diverse initiatives throughout the Council.
- Negotiating and formulating solutions for a diverse range of issues across the full range of Council activities on a range of complex and contentious matters.
- To complete statutory and other returns, financial performance indicators, grant claims, and other financial information in accordance with pre-determined time scales.
- To maintain and develop a cost effective and high quality insurance service for the Council and ensure that appropriate insurance advice is provided to Officers and Members. This will include providing advice on best management practice to Officers to minimise risk and potential insurance liabilities.
- To maintain and develop a cost effective and high quality internal audit service for the Council and ensure that appropriate audit advice is provided to Officers and Members. This will include providing advice on internal control matters to Officers to minimise risk and potential liabilities.
- To provide the Council's central fixed asset accounting services, including coordinating the preparation of the fixed assets register, calculating capital charges and closing down the fixed assets accounts.
- To prepare the Council's Capital Strategy, prepare the Council's Prudential Indicators Strategy, and assist in the preparation of the Asset Management Plan, including responsibility for evaluating whether to procure fixed assets through leasing or outright purchase.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Principle Finance Manager
Salary: Market related
Salary: £13 per hour
Finance assistant - Rugby
Salary: £12.80 - 12.80 per hour
Salary: Market related
Senior Technical Officer
Salary: £20 - 23 per hour
Driver Compliance Officer
Salary: £22 per hour
Business support officer
Salary: £13.66 - 13.66 per hour
Planning Enforcement officer - Rochdale
Salary: £20 per hour
Business Support Officer - Sefton
Salary: £11.49 - 11.49 per hour
Health and Safety Officer
Salary: £19 per hour
Business support officer - Walsall
Salary: £14.91 - 14.91 per hour
Fire safety officer - GM Collaboration
Salary: Market related