Payroll Manager - Swindon
|Job Title:||Payroll Manager - Swindon|
|Salary:||£350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Payroll Manager – Swindon (Temp Vacancy)
Day Rate: £350.00 p/d
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To deliver a comprehensive payroll service to ensure all are paid accurately and on time. Responsible for multiple payrolls, month and year end reconciliations and payroll authorisation processes.
- Create and manage a loyal, dedicated and skilled payroll team to deliver a modern and professional service, one that’s thought of highly at all levels throughout the council. Developing a strong customer focus.
- A senior member of the HR Operations Team, working in partnership with HR Systems, Resourcing and Advisory teams, consistently driving opportunities for improvement, resolving issues efficiently. Responsible for ensuring the team are kept up to date with legislative and statutory changes as well as council policy. Ensure changes and processes are implemented timely and effectively.
- Ensure payroll services comply with SBC’s standards and procedures, as well as national and international laws and codes of practice. Engage with Finance and Audit colleagues to promote collaborative working and share best practice.
- Recognise and work with internal stakeholders and external agencies effectively using feedback to manage changes and service developments successfully.
- Responsible for checking and validating the accuracy and completion of each months pay run, signing off the gross to net payroll, all submissions to statutory bodies, end of year runs including P11D’s, downloads from HMRC, costings load into General ledger, payslip and P60 printing and distribution.
- Responsible for verifying that the monthly and pension auto enrolment routine has accurately run and that the appropriate deductions are made. 2
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate payroll records within the team. Liaise with HMRC and Contributions Agency as necessary, in relation to particular cases.
- Ensure compliance with yearly audit requirements and implement timely actions.
- Work collaboratively with the HR system lead and drive through improvement and online applications.
- Keep up to date with HMRC legislation and ensure compliance and ensure all HMRC payments are made on time.
- Keep up to date with NHS and Wiltshire pension schemes to ensure knowledge and timely process interventions including Auto Enrolment Pension rules and compliance.
- Ensure all pensions payments are made to the various pension schemes/funds.
- Have a disciplined approach to development and implementation of standardised processes and procedures to drive results.
- Manage and motivate the payroll team effectively ensuring staff are clear on their roles and their contribution to the performance of the payroll team and HROD. Through regular one to one’s team briefings, PDP’ etc.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Payroll Officer - Basingstoke
Salary: £25 per hour
Payroll & Employee Officer (G5/6) - Yorkshire Collaboration
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Programme Manager - Cambridge
Salary: Market related
Development Manager - Rochdale
Salary: £40 per hour
Income Management Admin Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £13.12 - 13.12 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
Internal Senior Auditor - Oxford
Salary: Market related
Independent Living Brokerage and Support Officer
Salary: £14.17 - 14.17 per hour
Revenues & Benefits Quality Assurance Officer - Esher
Salary: £18.70 - 18.70 per hour
Community Care Officer - Doncaster
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour
Planning Technician - Liverpool
Salary: £17.04 - 17.04 per hour
CCTV Operator - Manchester
Salary: £20 per hour