Placements & Brokerage Officer - Swindon
|Placements & Brokerage Officer - Swindon
|£13 per hour
|over 1 year ago
Children’s Placements & Brokerage Officer – Swindon (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £13.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The Children’s Placement/ Brokerage Officer will be responsible for seeking external placements and Independent and Non-Maintained Special School (INMSS) places, arranging individual placement contracts, and undertaking the associated monitoring and review of such placement contracts for children coming in to care (and/or with Special Educational Needs), those already in care and care leavers with varying and complex needs. The children and young people will be referred to the Placements/ Brokerage team by operational social work teams and/or other case professionals.
- The Children’s Placement/Brokerage Officer will ensure that the placements commissioned meet the needs of the children and young people placed, are of high quality to deliver the outcomes required for each child and also achieve value for money.
- The Children’s Placements/ Brokerage Officer will use existing frameworks/ contracts and market knowledge to secure respite, short breaks and support services for children with disabilities.
- Respond to placement and service requests sent by operational social work teams and/or other case professionals by supporting them to complete necessary paperwork, and checking them on receipt for process compliance before sending them out to providers to request a service. The officer will need to build good relationships with placement suppliers across the market.
- Liaise with social workers and/or other case professionals and providers to enable the placement/service finding process to be completed within the required timescales.
- Ensure that service and placement searches can be completed in a timely and efficient manner and when 2 required undertake placement searches in emergency situations in order to ensure children and young people are placed safely and appropriately and with a match to their needs.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of children services placement/ Education markets and develop effective working relationships with providers, social work teams and other case professionals.
- Undertake due diligence and reference checks for new providers and services, interpret information and make judgements about quality of information provided
- Support the development and maintenance of effective procedures for managing the referral and service/placement finding processes. This will include responsibility for the keeping of electronic records and data which provide an audit trail regarding placement type, choice, location, safeguarding and quality assurance checks, and costs.
- To play a key part in the development of the commissioning of services/placements that can inform operational social workers and/or other case professionals about the availability and type of services/placements being provided by the independent market sector, the cost of such services/placements and associated quality.
- To be able to obtain read and interpret OFSTED inspection reports, registration details for placement providers and other pertinent documents, alerting the line manager to any areas of concern or risk which could impact on children being placed.
- Support other team members with placement/ service finding for the most complex cases.
- Work with financial officers to provide cost information.
- Complete individual contracts for all children and young people placed/ services set up ensuring those contracts are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time measurable.
- Support and Promote competent care planning by social workers with identified outcomes so those outcomes are able to be translated in to individual placement/services contracts, where providers can then be made accountable
- Liaise with providers to enable the completion of the individual placement/service contracts and to ensure that these are despatched promptly once a placement has been made/ service set up.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Swindon - Assistant HR business partner
Salary: Market related
Health and Safety Officer
Salary: £19 per hour
Risk, Insurance and Information Governance Officer
Salary: £16.06 - 16.06 per hour
Salary: Market related
Contracts Assistant - Plymouth
Salary: Market related
Senior Technical Officer
Salary: £20 - 23 per hour
Driver Compliance Officer
Salary: £22 per hour
Business support officer
Salary: £13.66 - 13.66 per hour
Planning Enforcement officer - Rochdale
Salary: £20 per hour
Business Support Officer - Sefton
Salary: £11.49 - 11.49 per hour
Business support officer - Walsall
Salary: £14.91 - 14.91 per hour
GM Collaboration - Senior Legal officer
Salary: £25 per hour