Rehabilitation Officer Visual Impairment - Harrow
|Job Title:||Rehabilitation Officer Visual Impairment - Harrow|
|Salary:||£19.06 - 19.06 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||30 days ago|
Rehabilitation Officer Visual Impairment – Harrow (Temp Vacancy)
Pay Rate: £19.06ph
Part-Time (15.58 hours)
The overall purpose of the Rehabilitation Officer is to work with the vision impaired person and other key people to identify their needs and aspirations to promote independent living and then deliver and evaluate the agreed rehabilitation programme. To undertake the Registration process and maintain the Local Authority's Sight impaired and Severely Sight impaired Registers (in accordance with the National Assistance Act 1948). To practice in accordance with the National Occupational Standards for Specialist Sensory Workers and the code of practice for Social Care Workers and adhere to the Rehabilitation Workers' Professional Network Code of Ethics and professional Conduct.
- To undertake specialist visual impairment assessments with the vision impaired person to identify their needs and aspirations to promote independent living. Rehabilitation and service provision
- To plan, implement, evaluate and review rehabilitative services to the vision impaired person aimed at maximising and maintaining independence, safety, dignity and choice. Rehabilitation may include, but not be restricted to: Daily Living Skills - to provide Daily Living Skills training; to include the teaching of new skills or adapted practice for all aspects of daily living, home management, employment and leisure.
- Communication Skills - To provide communication training; to include all forms of access to communication including but not limited to telephones, print, Braille, Moon, audio description, lCT, Deafblind manual and block alphabet.
- Mobility training - To develop planned programmes of training to develop independence in indoor and outdoor mobility environments, including training in sighted guide, pre-cane, long cane, orientation (including specialist equipment) and route planning techniques.
- Low vision - To provide low vision training/therapy in coordination with local NHS low vision services that helps individuals make the best use of functional vision, magnifiers, lighting and other low vision aids.
- To work with visually impaired people who have additional complex needs such as dual sensory loss, learning, physical and mental health disabilities in recognition of the cumulative effect of additional disabilities. To liaise with other specialist workers as necessary.
- To arrange minor works of adaptation as highlighted in the specialist visual impairment assessment and liaise with all relevant parties in line with employer's budget and policies. To identify, manage and where possible reduce risk to visually impaired people, family, carers, communities, self and colleagues.
- To understand the psychological aspects of sight loss and provide emotional support as part of the rehabilitation process to the individual, their family and carers. To signpost and or refer individuals to partners in local authority, health service, education service, welfare and employment services, voluntary sector and other community services. To support visually impaired people to represent their culture, needs, views and circumstances where appropriate.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Revenues Officer - Shrewsbury
Salary: £20.79 - 20.79 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
Payroll Officer - Basingstoke
Salary: £25 per hour
Accommodation Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £17.12 - 17.12 per hour
Community Care Officer - Doncaster
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour
North Warwickshire - Technical Officer
Salary: £13.91 - 13.91 per hour
VAT Alignment Officer - Haringey
Salary: £20.10 - 20.10 per hour
Met office - Finance business partner
Salary: Market related
Income Management Admin Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £13.12 - 13.12 per hour
Service Development and Support officer - Barnsley
Salary: £28.06 - 28.06 per hour
Independent Living Brokerage and Support Officer
Salary: £14.17 - 14.17 per hour
West Sussex - Rights of way officer
Salary: £13 per hour