Assistant Accountant - Solihull
|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant - Solihull|
|Salary:||£17.50 - 17.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Assistant Accountant – Solihull (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To work as a member of one of the Financial Operations finance teams supporting the delivery of its service objectives and targets through the development of strong relationships and the application of excellent communication and technical skills.
- To have responsibility for the performance of a range of financial, technical and administrative functions and to support the Council’s Section 151 Officer through the provision of high quality financial advice and guidance.
- To play a key role in the delivery of our financial requirements, as well as in any improvements to the Financial Operations service and those within Directorate services as required.
- Work as directed to deliver service objectives including but not limited to, the delivery of the Top 5 Council priorities and other major projects.
- Provide financial or technical advice and support (which may include the delivery of training) to maintain and/or develop systems and processes to uphold compliance with relevant legislation and statutory obligations and to facilitate the delivery of effective services.
- Contribute to supporting budget setting, forecasting and/or monitoring and year-end processes.
- Assist in the delivery of the financial requirements in line with internal and external regulations and timescales.
- A proactive approach to high level problem resolution with the application of financial and/or technical expertise.
- Analyse and effectively interpret detailed information gained from a range of sources and apply necessary judgment to provide accurate, concise, meaningful and timely outputs/returns as required.
- Provide financial support, advice and guidance in the analysis and financial evaluation of proposals or projects.
- Ensure that all financial policies, processes, practices and systems are managed and implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements.
- Attend and present information at meetings and deputise for senior officers as required.
- Support and act as a representative for your manager, your team, the Head of Financial Operations, the Director of Resources and Deputy Chief Executive, and the Resources Directorate as a whole.
- Develop mutually beneficial internal/external working relationships to share/exchange information/experience/expertise/best practices and to obtain feedback on the effectiveness of service delivery.
- Manage and prioritise own time effectively to deliver the tasks agreed annually in your performance agreement.
- Monitor/review performance and development for yourself (and any direct reports/team members) against agreed targets and plans and take remedial action as required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Senior Accountant - Leicester
Salary: £23.58 - 23.58 per hour
Pensions Assistant - Shrewsbury
Salary: £13 per hour
Learning Centre Assistant
Kingston upon Thames
Salary: £14 per hour
Finance Assistant - Ilford
Salary: £15 per hour
Business Administrator - Exeter
Salary: £10.74 - 10.74 per hour