Business Support Administrator | Swindon
Salary: £8 per hour.
Full-Time (37 hours)
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Business Support Administrator for a local authority in Swindon.
To work as part of a Business Support Unit providing administrative support to a number of Swindon Borough Council service areas, including Planning, Building Control and Transport. The duties and tasks undertaken will be in accordance with the Administration Output Specification and local Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Assist with the team’s daily workload, flexibly undertaking work tasks as required, to ensure the Service and Business Support Performance Indicators (PIs), as per appropriate SLAs, are met.
Work with authority personnel to provide the business support service as defined within the Partnership contract.
Keep abreast of business support administrative tasks, processes, procedures and responsibilities.
Duties and experience will include -
- Updating the database and attaching letters to the correct record
- Assist in the distribution of incoming post, internal leaflets and payslips.
- Prepare Building Control files for consultation, and make referrals on receipt of applications and building notices.
- Send decision notices and completion certificates, demolition notice forms, regularisation applications etc.
- Refer dangerous structure and illegal works notifications.
- Register NHBC Certification, CORGI, ELEC, FENSA and HEATAS Notices etc.
- Receive, code and pay in income received into the team.
- Administrative office skills working in a busy legal services department
- Preparing documentation for panels/meetings
- Audio Typing essential along with filing photocopying and good telephone manner to take clear messages
- Needs to be confident at using MS Word, Excel essential
You will need previous experience in Business Administration or Business Support and will be able to work independently within a fast-paced environment. Proven customer service skills are essential in additional to good IT skills with knowledge of MS Office Applications and the ability to process financial data.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Heddle on 0208 911 1083.