Coordinator - Tiverton
|Job Title:||Coordinator - Tiverton|
|Salary:||£9.90 - 9.90 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Coordinator – Tiverton (Temp Vacancy)
Pay Rate: £9.90ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The post holder works as part of a local coordination team responsible for the co-ordination of all Marie Curie services within (South West area) being responsible for supporting the co-ordination and booking of the care for MC Services as required, ensuring that timescales are met. This requires a high level of diplomacy and communication skills and the ability to work accurately and under pressure.
The post holder will directly support the Senior Coordinator, Senior Nurses and Registered Nurses in their daily activities, also liaising with Marie Curie Nurses, District Nurses, families and carers as part of the co-ordination of the Marie Curie Nursing Service.
- Support the Marie Curie Senior Nurse and Registered Nurses with the end to end co-ordination of patient care. This may include:
- Being responsible for identifying and highlighting rapid discharge and emergency referrals to the Senior Nurse. This may result in interruptions to other planned tasks needing the ability to re-prioritise own workload at short notice.
- Co-ordination for new and existing patients, including preparation, communication to families and the input of care details to Marie Curie systems.
- The ability to finalise care arrangements by liaising via the telephone with colleagues in the NHS and other service providers and double checking that everything is in order on the day following the start of the care package.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all of the above is clearly documented on Marie Curie Systems so there is no doubt or confusion relating to the status of the care and that the all notes are of a high enough standard to support potential audits.
- Monitor and support the Senior Nurse and Registered Nurses day to day activities including:
- The accurate and timely input of patient details
- Undertaking general administration of the computer system, to ensure that accurate computer records are maintained for referrals, nurse allocation, cancellations, packages of care and financial data.
- Support the co-ordination of the Marie Curie Services in the South West. This may include:
- Maintenance of the daily rota which supports the allocation of Marie Curie Nurses to patients. This includes responsibility for monitoring and highlighting the utilisation of each service to the Senior Nurse and Clinical Nurse Manager, calculating the shift and travel time to ensure that the HCAs have minimal down time and optimum numbers of patients receives care. Daily booking with the Marie Curie Referral Centre. On-going communication with Marie Curie HCAs to receive patient updates, issues and concerns for escalation to the Senior Nurse.
- Documentation of updates to local commissioners and Marie Curie Systems.
- Confirming changes to rotas directly with Marie Curie HCAs, the Marie Curie Resource and Referral Centre for input
- Communication with patients and families with regard to the provision of care, issues and concerns.
- Input of new patient details to Marie Curie systems ensuring that all information is accurate and available for Marie Curie staff
- Support the co-ordination of bookings in respect of days and nights for Marie Curie. This may include:
- Discussing and agreeing the allocation of Marie Curie Nurses to patients with the Senior Nurse, prioritising to ensure continuity of care and efficient deployment of available nurses in line with MC procedures standards and processes
- Direct Liaison/negotiation with Marie Curie HCAs regarding their ability to cover shifts when they are not on the formal rota. This requires tact and persuasive skills.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available